AEM CAI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda_mach3

you guys know if you swap out a D16Z and plant in a B18C, can you still use the AEM CAI for the B18C?

the IM sits lower, guess you could try to get it to fit, it might work

2 things, one easier to fix then the other. One, the Throttle openinng on the GSR is about 3 inches where the d series is about 2.5. Easy fix is just to find a connector that is the right size.

Now for the harder issue to fix. The IM is alot lower on it. I would just modify it by making cuts accordingly. Check out Teamdelsol.com in the article for a DIY CAI. It gives some good pointers when you cut the tubing.

Just sell the old one, and get a new one, it shouldn't cost you too much extra, and then youd have the right CAI.

Which one is the right one? I have never herd of a company that sells CAI for civic's with GSR's in them. I have asked the same question and nobody ever answers the question really. Everybody just says " :drool: duh...uh....maybe a Civic SI intake will fit...maybe not.... Dude I know for sure that people have made their own cold air intake for civic's with GSR motors but nobody ever tells what pieces they got. Most people just say to just get a custom one but most performance shops won't let you sit out front of their shops with your hood up and take all their products out of the boxes and say " :drool: duh...this one might fit....

*This post is not aimed at anybody specific.*

I'm not sure if you could use a civic si CAI or not. If you have an aftermarket IM, then it will most def. fit, since there is basically no difference between your 96HB and the 99-00 si as far as the engine compartment goes. If you have that pos two stage oem manifold, i dunno. I would try an si one first. If it doesn't fit, then sell it and get a gsr one and try that. You will definitely be able to sell the ones that don't fit for about the same as it will cost you to buy it. Trial and error buying already built CAIs with little to no loss of cash is much better than the frustration of trying to fab your own parts.

Back