AEM CAM GEARS HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95sir

I bought a paid of the old school aem cam gears from a friend and one of the allen bolts( not sure what they are called) is stripped. Is there any specific replacement that I should use? Or should I call aem and get the replacments?

if you have any bolts left take one to the auto parts / hardware store and get bolts that match

AEM cam gears are known for slipping, and they allow wayyyyy too much room for adjustment, so when they do slip you will usually end up destroying your engine

if you do use the AEMs replace ALL of the bolts with stronger ones, and get some LockTite and put it on the bolts before you tighten them

or sell them to someone else and get some cam gears that do not allow more than +/- 5 degrees of adjustment

yeah, i say sell them do someone else and either get some toda, skunk 2 or spoon, since i believe they are all 6bolt

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 10 2004, 03:15 PM
AEM cam gears are known for slipping, and they allow wayyyyy too much room for adjustment, so when they do slip you will usually end up destroying your engine

he is absolutly correct...it happned to my friends single cam...the aftermath was insane....

Back