aem intake??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for all of u w/a b18a, i just ordered a aem intake for my hatch w/a b18a now em i going to have to relocate the battery or can i leave it. if i do have to relocate how do i go about doing this??? also will this intake work on a b18b manifold???

you shouldnt have to relocate your battery...what model hatch do you have (4th gen, 5th gen)? the intake will work on that mani but might not on the car....since its made for an integra, it may not work right in a hatch without some simple modification....

You shouldn't have to relocate the battery. I have a 91 teg, and the battery sits just next to the opening for the intake.

Pancho Villa, please let us know if the Integra intake works. Also, let us know if you are going for a "short ram" or "cold air intake". I find myself with a similar catch-22 and would be very helpful to know about your results.

just got my short ram intake for my b18a, now i have a 91 honda civic hatchback and the dam intake doesnt fit it looks like i have to cut a piece of the intake because it too long and i might have to relocate the battery. i got the intake for a 90-93 integra. so what about everyone else with a b18a in there hatchback how did you go about this???????????

Originally posted by hammerdgolfer@Jan 25 2004, 02:49 PM
buying the right intake for your car would be the start of the end of your problems

Choosing the "right" intake might not be as simple. Intakes for the integra are tuned (length and diameter) for the flow rate and throttle body size of a 1.8L while those for the CRX are not.

;)

no you get the intake for the car, not the motor. some intakes from some cars might work with others, but in this case it won't work.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Feb 2 2004, 02:21 PM
or you could just get one of AEMs new hybrid intakes for swapped applications, so you know it fits.

could you show me a link? i just checked AEM's website and found no such intake

yeah they arent on their site yet, but they are in the new SCC they have them for stuff like

B16-EF
B18C1/5-EG
H22- EG
K20-EP

i dont know if they have a GSR-EF one or not check out the new SCC for the blurb on em.

Back