AEM V2 Cold Air

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

brockster99

Looking to buy a AEMV2 cold air I had a short air on my 90 Accord I was pretty satisfied... What is the biggest diffrence of them and does the bypass valve really work on cold air? Its going into my 97 EX.
Thanks in advance.

the v2 doesn't have the air bypass valve, if you look at the dynos it is one of the best ones out there, I have it on my ctr and it is awesome.

it's an intake on a 1.6-2.0 liter, it's not going to create huge power, and louder doens't mean more power peeps..

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 27 2003, 11:22 PM
louder doens't mean more power peeps..

Milan

You are like Magelin when he told everyone the world was round, you will probably be persecuted for saying this.... you are a brave man

Companies can manipulate testing to better satisfy what the consumer wants to see before they buy a product. For example, I know my car pulls hella harder in the morning when it is 50 degrees outside, than it does in the afternoon at 90, so if I dyno my product first thing in the morning I get good results, now the motor is hot, and so is the day so on to testing the competition, or older product from comparision. Now I am not saying AEM or any other company does this, but hopefully you can see that published results aren't alway the best method of deciding which product to buy. It's all about the benjamins baby.

you guys just dont get it!! its not the size of the pipe or the engineering tht goes into it. its the "AEM" sticker on the intake that makes more power! :bash: :bash: :bash: :D

seriously, the V2 has a big 4" dia. section of pipe instead of the 3" dia. section normally found on aftermarket intakes. they basically copied Ractive's "Combat" intake design. :bash: The bigger volume of air supposedly increases hp throughout the range....and theoretically it does make sense.

there is a controversy about whether the cold air really makes its power from the lower air temperature or simply from having a longer intake pipe.

Longer intake pipe... ala 1980's jags... with long ass intake runners =)

Bringing dead threads back for the sake of adding zero value comments is a bad thing. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thread locked to prevent further post whoring.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back