After 8 months....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that's why I am thinking of put one of those pot-belly wood burning stoves in the kitchen

Not quite, you don't want to put an old school put belly in, you want to install a modern catalytic woodstove, or a coal stove, depending on which is available and cheapest in your area.

Beware of pellet stoves though, they require electricity to run, so are worthless in a power outage, and the price of pellets is steadily rising, right now it's about $225 a ton, and you will burn 3-4 tons per winter depending on usage. That's hardly a savings.

If you access to free, or nearly free wood, jump on a used woodstove that was made after 1993, or even a new unit. The new stoves, especially the catalytic stoves are damn near 80% efficient, which is a far cry from the 30% efficiency of the 80s and earlier stoves.

good point...I'll keep an eye out for a newer stove...

Well Crap....

Ohh well...better luck next time....ehh

The drywall I had was leanned up against the wall on the back porch since January....and it kinda curved on me....

I spent the time to measure it 4 times before cutting it...hoping the curve would work out before I put it on the wall...well..it didn't..

once it was screwed on the wall there is a gap that sinks in an inch and it would take too much filler to make it right...so I guess I'll just wait till I borrow a truck again and go get FLAT drywall and redo it. But looking at what it will look like makes me happy....and since I can do that work in the winter...due to it's inside the house and the window is done...it can wait.

Back to the cars...hehe

today will be an oil change on the subby and the civic...and prep the Z for sunday's autocross... :ph34r:

ya know... 4x8 sheets of rock would probably fit inside the blazer... ;)

And beware with wood & pellet stoves... They tend to soot up your house..

And I have done research on the whole "heating thing"... A well maintained oil furnace is bang for the buck unfortunately... Gas consumes more than oil, so even though its cheaper, it takes more.

Just be glad its not electric... i know people paying $500+/mo to heat their houses in the winter...

And I paid $2.49/gal this weekend for oil... :(

And if you paid $400 for 22 days of oil... DAMN... you have a drafty ass house!!

Back