After about a year of planning and saving...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driverunknown

Well I finally got my swap all done. The timing was great. I had no school or work for a whole two weeks and finished in three very long days to complete the swap. The preparation process took another three days to do.

Overall the sir-II swap was a very rewarding experience. I am very happy with the engine and the way it runs. I guess the 7.5 lbs. fidanza flywheel helps a lot, because this thing loses no revs when I shift. My old d15 was fun, but this blows it completely out of the water.

I'd like to thank Pissedoffsol and 92b16vx for their tech articles because the wiring was insanely easy to do with them. now I have a 93b16dx y0!!!
My bro helped a lot, especially with that damn rear mount and left axel, which just had to be level to go all the way in.
My best recommendation is to get a helms for those planning the swap. Best 60.00 bucks I ever spent. I have no complains. The old coupe runs great.
On to the pics
gallery_32252_240_1104474707.jpg

gallery_32252_240_1104474653.jpg

me humping...
gallery_32252_240_1104474436.jpg

gallery_32252_240_1104473845.jpg

Bitch tranny mount! I hate you!!! Any tips on putting this bitch in for next time???
gallery_32252_240_1104473773.jpg

gallery_32252_240_1104474594.jpg

more images on https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...album&album=240

w00t!!!

I have the dirtiest!!!
<==== too lazy to clean engine bay when d got out.

Yeah, that trans mount simply comes out. RuffRhyno has been running his for a long time without motor moving problems.

And you didn't even take your hood off ? A year of prep, and the hood didn't come off ?!

-> Steve

Really no rear mount?
Wow any others have opinions about this?

Helms manual said not to remove the hood.

I'm guessing he used the replacing a motor section.

Looks like it was meant to be there.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jan 1 2005, 04:30 PM
The helms manual has instructions for swapping engines ?

-> Steve
[post=439887]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually yes it does.
If you read the directions for taking out the d15 and then read the directions for dropping the b16, then yeah. granted there are other things to llok for such as wiring, mounts and that damn evap sensor placement(it's ziptied to my firewall), Then everything works out. ;)
I enjoy the sarcasm ;)

Originally posted by friz@Dec 31 2004, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the 5th gen B16 club!!! Here's mine.

gallery_8298_210_1104453575.jpg

[post=439590]Quoted post[/post]​

At first I thought your SP wire cover said Homo. :lol: :lol:

congrats on the swap. I would DEFENTLY leave the rear mount in. If you don't your going to get alot of front to rear engine movement. I could see if you had hasport solid mounts to skip the front two, but the rear and top 2 mounts are the most important.

What I do is once I have the engine out, I take off the old d-series mount, then put the b-series on but only put the bolt on enough to keep it from falling. Then I lower the engine in and bolt the top 2 mounts in, then move the engine so that the top bolt lines up on the rear mount and lightly thread that bolt in. Then I lower the engine just enough so that the rest of the bolts line up. Then attach all the other mounts (they should be lineing up now)

Back