1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermaket Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by timEspeed, Feb 6, 2003.

1. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

The latest honda tuning issue has a feture of a dart block build up. Dart blocks have already been discussed here, but i was wondering the drawbacks to dart engines. They got a closed deck design made out of aircraft qualiy aluminum among many other race-conscience modifications. There made in b18 and b20 styles and are around 2G . Does anyone know of someone with a Dart Engine? Cause it seems like a great way to go, I just want more info....

2. gtpilot

gtpilot Member

The closed deck design is going to be a lot stronger, the only drawback (besides $$$) is that it is going to be heavier.

Kirk

3. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

yeah, aint that the shit?!?
    a b20 that'll handle 20 psi sounds good to me.
    It certainly seems like a high performing peice of machinery.
    Does ne1 know if dart will bore their engines before shipping?
    how 'bout hi/low compression pistons?
    The main question I have though, is if they will relocate the dowel holes for VTEC without drilling out the stock location.

4. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

well i finally find the website, they dont list prices though. Apparently you have to buy them through an authorized dealer. You'd think they would have a locator. Check out the site, its somewhat informative as to the upgrades they've made to the blocks.
    http://www.dartheads.com/blhonda.htm

5. 10K2HVN

10K2HVN Member

They cost around $2000 USD...good shite..only hold back for me is the cost...

6. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

ive seen one of these in person and they look bad ASS. tom payn was part designer in this thing... and is everyone sure about this weight issue?? i thought they were lighter because they cut out certain pieces that were not needed

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted