aftermarket A/C

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so ive been looking for an after market ac for my rex all i found was this

16765-003870.jpg

but this kit wont fit my car because of the swap...and it costs :$758.22....what could i do?....i want to work on the ac while the car gets painted...

3 choices:

live with the heat...

buy that kit and make it fit...

or look into junkyards...
i think you could use most parts off either a crx with a/c or a civic hatch with a/c
and then get the compressor that fits your motor...

edit:
but thats a fuckin good deal for a complete a/c system...

you ever price a compressor, or an evaporator? or the condensor?
shit is dumb money...

sure i can do that...but what do i need to buy?....its a bseries in a crx....i have a b and d series compressor and the radiator looking thing...what brackets do i buy?

thanks for the help

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 16 2005, 03:05 PM
Buy a P30 Del Sol compressor bracket, and buy the kit for a CRX. That's all you need.
[post=513103]Quoted post[/post]​

Will that work on a CRX with a swap? I wanted to keep my AC when I did my swap too so I bought the $200 bracket from place racing, but never acutally used it. If you want i still have the compressor, bracket, condensor, and a line I had fabricated.

EDIT: This is Bl6Crx, i didn't realize my girlfriend was logged in lol.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 16 2005, 05:05 PM
Buy a P30 Del Sol compressor bracket, and buy the kit for a CRX. That's all you need.
[post=513103]Quoted post[/post]​

so the p30 bracket and the kit above is all i would need.>?

QUOTE" If you want i still have the compressor, bracket, condensor, and a line I had fabricated."

how much?

I immediately had my AC recharged in the Audi. It's just too fucking hot. 90+* weather, I need my AC. I never would have been able to deal with the civic. I weould have to do 110 to cool myself off.

i know, i drive the rex once in a while to work (30 miles 1way) but its just way too hot and fucking humid....its 82 @ 10am it rains at four and then its 90 @ 6p...it sucks...

my altima has A/C but i'm going to sell it....so i need the rex in primo shape

Originally posted by formby@Jun 17 2005, 11:20 AM
i know, i drive the rex once in a while to work (30 miles 1way) but its just way too hot and fucking humid....its 82 @ 10am it rains at four and then its 90 @ 6p...it sucks...

my altima has A/C but i'm going to sell it....so i need the rex in primo shape
[post=513376]Quoted post[/post]​

The JuKyard....I got all my parts from there for 50 bux....
This Is WHat I Used in my 93 civic. I got parts from 3 different cars..lol but it works...... :p

98 civic under dash blower tingy
95 gsr ac compressor
ac lines from 93 civic and some from 98 civic
condesner fan tingy from a 94 civic....

Oh and the V belt from an integra Gsr....
The only problem i had was that I could use the Tensioner on mines so i hooked up the ac comp. belt strait to the crank wihtout it....sux but it works...hihihih

Even though thats not a bad price for a new AC setup....

What about 92 civic i am planing on putting AC in i still have just a D16z6 in my car. Can't aford the engine i am getting marryed so i have to wait for the engine but some day i would like to put in a B series engine in. if i put ac in i would need and diffrent compressor went o swap a B in?

Originally posted by Cappelle@Jul 3 2005, 12:49 PM
What about 92 civic i am planing on putting AC in i still have  just a D16z6 in my car. Can't aford the engine i am getting marryed so i have to  wait for the engine but some day i would like to put in a B series engine in. if i put ac in i would need and diffrent compressor went o swap a B in?
[post=520089]Quoted post[/post]​

:eek:t:
This is Formby's thread..Start your own....
By the way you need the compressor for the engine you have..b18=b18 compressor...
Or if im not mistaken they sell a bracket for you to use your old d16 one..Not sure

To use a Civic compressor on a B series, you need the 94-95 DelSol P54 bracket, or the pre 2000 CRV bracket. Or if you have a B series compressor, use the P30 bracket.

Back