Aftermarket Distributors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
Ok turns out the distributor i got from TorontoJDM is no good. In fact i have tried 2 brand new ones and we can get it to spark but the car doesnt keep running, seems like it fires sporadically. We put in a distributor from a 90ish OBD0 integra and car started and ran well, however out of time still. Unfortunately the distributor isnt mine, nor is it the actual distributor for my engine setup. It almost seemed like the torontoJDM one doesnt have the right sensor output voltage?

Does anyone know of a good distributor maker for an OBD0 B16a (TD-22U)? Has anyone tried one from HondaDistributors.net? I would prefer an actual Honda made one but am having trouble locating a good one.

Ok i ordered one from distributor king since i have heard alot of good. My second problem is my car currently doesnt have a car harness for the distributor, if i were to say.... wire it directly could one of you guys tell me what colour of wire on the DK dist matches up with what wire on the car harness?

Last edited:
it's been 5 years and 4 cars ago.......

i do remember the wire colors were not the same as oem, so go by positions. the plug is still the plug.

Ok well i emailed them just in case, if anyone does know the colours please let me know.

As for a plug diagram, the one on Rywire for "normal SI pinout" is the one i need correct?

Attachments

• obd0_distributor_pinouts.jpg
    obd0_distributor_pinouts.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,434
Well problem solved. Never again will i buy an aftermarket distributor. After trying 3 different ones, the stock honda one prevailed. I had to pick a used one up from TorontoJDM. Slapped her on and bam, works fine. Other ones just dont seem to work, ive heard alot of things about those aftermarket distrbutors. Some cars work fine with em, some just wont.

Back