aftermarket header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18a1crx

b18a1crx
hi. i have a 91 crx si with a 91 b18a1 motor. i was wondering what header would have more horse power and or if it would fit?
a 90-91 header or a 92-93 header? i know on a stock motor the 92 and 93 b18a1 have like 10 more hp. im kinda new to this website so any help would be appreciated

Not in the stock OEM exhause manifold.......I believe its in the head or IM.

If you want performance..... a stock LS exhaust manifold will not be worth your time.

Many people say good things about a tri-y header. Many companies make replicas of these now (since the technology is kinda old) so they aren't too expensive and have quality welds.

Last edited:
The 4-2-1's usually give the better all-round performance.
Like on the early 90's accords, tegs, and early RS civics the 'stock' 4-2-1's always gave better hp #'s (for basically stock configuration)

What's on the car now?
If it's just a street car, with air, stay with the 4-2-1 for the torque gains.
I think that the different years had different mounting points and clearances under the oil filter, trans linkage and length before the 'doughnut' collector.

E

its has the stock exhaust manifold on it now. it has a bosal cat-back on the back half.
just wanted somthing to add some hp and some tone to it.
the stock manifold is a 4-1 i think. u think the 4-2-1 will be louder?
yeah it is just a street car.

4-2-1 isn't necessarily louder but better mid-range performance. I feel 4-1 is top end

Back