Aftermarket LSD won't bolt up to Final Drive!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sheekdude

I'm helping a friend with his 94 hatch/w a b series swap. I told him to get a JDM lsd from either a ctr or itr for his gsr tranny but he decides to get a bullshit OBX one. Now the one that was sent to him is too small and won't bolt up to the final drive. Some one please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both jdm lsd's the same??? Just the bearing on the outer rings are different... some use rollers and some use ball bearing, depending on the year tranny it came out of. But the size of both units should be the same??? And thus, should be the same with the US counterpart, making able to swap??? Someone once told me that you have to mix and match some parts to make it work, but I don't know for sure.

If purchasing a jdm lsd, do you need the final drive from that lsd??? I always though that all b series came with 4.4 (b16, b18c1, b18c5), 4.3(b18a+:cool: and 4.7(jdm b18c5). Someone please help, I know I asking a lot, but I just need to have this shit done fast, thanks.

Back