1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket sun roof

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by drpenguin, Dec 8, 2004.

1. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

Im looking for a aftermarket sunroof for the rex. Some people are just telling me to buy a si. Well i dont want a si I want my hf. Anyways whats a good aftermarket sunroof? I was wondering if there are some that look like stock? I want a powered one too. I had a manual sunroof on my bmw and that thing was a pain in the ass.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i would take this to a shop that does things like this.
    a place by me called custom coach does things like this. tint, sunroofs, interior tweed, etc...

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

installing a sun roof is not a task i would recomend in done wrong your looking at a huge repair bill ( i have only seen 1-3 done withought some degree of warping ( you dont have the right tolls to do it )

4. Prowler

Prowler Super Moderator

i looked into it here. the shop i went to did the custom sunroofs for escalades sold at the dealership. the price for a power sunroof was around $500.
    remember you'll lose some structural integrity by chopping a big whole in your roof.
    with the roofs being as small as they are on a crx, i'd get a pop up. i don't know how you could have the motors in the roof to have it slide back.
    check out my friends car: http://www.hondashowoff.com/profile.php?id=4259
    he has a pop up sunroof and it works just fine for him. those cost around $200 here.

5. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Get a JDM Rex. Glass Roof.

6. friz

friz Senior Member

If someone has had success with an aftermarket sunroof I would like to know about it too.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted