aftermarket tach install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sevenhillsbilly

how do i put a aftermarket tach in my 89 crx there are 4 wires black red green and white where do they go

the black is ground, the red is power so that would go to your ignition fuse, i believe the white is for the backlight in the tach so put that to your parking lights fuse, and the green goes to your distributor plug. you gotta find out which wire in the plug is for your rpm signal and splice the green wire into it.

"Cut the blue wire!!!!" ....as most movies would say. haha

Most every honda, the rpm signal wire is blue.

the rpm signal wire is the blue one next to the larger black and yellow one correct?

Depends where your lookin homie. idk. Sorry, get a haynes. The wiring diagrams in the back should be more than enough.

well the tach came in a box when i bought the car and i just gotaround to putin it in i am looking at the top of the dizzy where the two wires a blue and a black and yellow one come out of

Right on. Then that is the blue wire. I recommend tracing it to the inside of your cabin so you do a neat wiring job. 'Cept, I don't know crx wiring or I'd tell you where.

ill take care of the tuck of the wire but thanks i cudnt decide which wire cuz there are like 2 light blue ones commin off there and the dark blue one i was confused

Oh. It's the dark blue I believe. I've only got lots of experience with my 2000 civic and a 95 civic.

On my car light blue is the CKP sensor. But it could be different on yours. That's my best guess for ya. Sry.

from what I know the green wire from tach goes to the light blue wire on the dizzy if its a si you should probly trace the harness from the dizzy on my 89 dx there is no harness because theres no oem tach so i tucked a wire to the light blue on the dizzy. and for the other wires white is for the light red is power black is ground.I used a quick splice connector for the light on the wire from the head light switch.

take the bezel off the instrument cluster....theres a big plug on the back.....splice your tach signal wire into the BLUE wire on that plug. even if a factory tach isnt there honda still wired one in..dont worry bout the dizzy. ive done this on both my hatches..piece of cake

take the bezel off the instrument cluster....theres a big plug on the back.....splice your tach signal wire into the BLUE wire on that plug. even if a factory tach isnt there honda still wired one in..dont worry bout the dizzy. ive done this on both my hatches..piece of cake

Plus on for that, that ws how I was going to tell you to do it. Its a solid blue wire.

Or, you could just hop on E-Bay and buy a gauge cluster with a factory tachometer in it, and then not have to have some giant, ricey-looking after-market tach sitting on your dash...

:shrug2:

Giant Tachs FTL!

If you have a stock one still in don't just cut the wire. Splice it in, so if you decide to take it out or use a stock one its just that much less searching.

Back