Aftermath pictures of "so they say" 120mph

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I guess I just know people that have been very lucky. My boyfriend's cousin t-boned a car at around 100MPH, flipped over it, & landed/slid on his back. I think he broke a finger & had a little road rash on his back, but nothing that bad. Both his bike & the car were totalled. Another guy I know was going maybe 25MPH and slid his bike on its side. He had very little, almost no, road rash on his back. Neither of them were wearing leathers. And both of them know how lucky they were.

On the other hand I know two guys that have been killed... one was definitely wearing leathers & the other, I think, had a jacket on, & when they scraped him off the pavement, his spine came out of his body. Leathers might save your skin in a low impact situation, but they won't save your life.

I'm not disagreeing that you should wear leathers, I'm just saying how badly your hurt depends on the type of accident & how you land, & leathers can help to protect your skin, but that's it.

Back