1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah HA, the Hack...

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Kahulia, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Kahulia

Kahulia Junior Member

Fort Collins, Colorado
    I've been searching and searching, and I always come up with the same crap. Do a VAFC Hack!!! It's cheap and works pretty darn good! So I think i'm going to try that on my turbo set-up (Mini-Me). I've got the injectors, i've got the resistor box, i've got the V-AFC, now what? So far the V-AFC is up and running fine, but how in gods name do I wire the resistor box? What does it wire into? I figured that little mass of wires that all lead to the injectors, but I don't know for sure. I'll be honest and say that I don't know what the resistor box does, but I do know I need it to run the high impedance injectors. (450cc DSM's) Some one, PLEASE HELP!!! :worthy:

(By the way, I wanted to try to run just the fuel system without the turbo. For some reason that dosn't really seem like a good idea since the V-AFC only adjusts t0 -50% and the car will be running at an ungodly rich rate for being NA. Any thoughts?)
  2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Retirement Home
    dont run the hack n/a. no discussion. you simply don't need the fuel.

a resistor box makes peak/hold injecotrs operate at a saturated-style impedence level that a newer ecu demands.

as for how to install, this thread should be all you need.
Draft saved Draft deleted