Ahh gots me a turbo AND and supercharger!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:hitit:

would that setup actually push the collective amount of boost from the super and the turbo into the combustion chamber? Looks crazy y0

how much F'n boost does one need?
and can the supercharger even compress it further?

the thought had crossed my mind at one point but more as a joke than actually doing it

I'd figure the turbulence created by the turbo pushing air into the SC would kill some of the pressure and put backpressure on the turbo. Lancia spent *a lot* of time and money doing the same thing, but they had a system that cut off the SC at 3500-4500rpms and then allowed the turbo to be used.

i actually saw an article where they did that B18... this was about a year or so ago... they got the 18 to push like 400 plus... but they had to tune the hell out of it to keep it from detonation... it was a megular's integra if i am right...

Originally posted by DylanTheKid@Aug 12 2003, 03:38 PM
i actually saw an article where they did that B18... this was about a year or so ago... they got the 18 to push like 400 plus... but they had to tune the hell out of it to keep it from detonation... it was a megular's integra if i am right...

And take the supercharger away, and you'd still be able to make 400+ without it.

Sure it looks all pretty on a engine stand lets see it run in a car and see how much smoke and fire comes from that bad boy

damn...is that the same prototype twin charger that was used on that meguiars typeR?

does anyone have any info on that thing...as far as i know it really doesnt make much difference

i suppose its just another overly complex parts that everyone will run and buy and soon well see ricers running around w/ them on their billboards w/ wheels blowing their engines like 4th of july fireworks because they forgot that a stock honda block cant handle the ridiculous amount of stress that that contraption would put on moms grocery getter

thats just my opinion i could be wrong (and i probably am)

Back