Ahhh, the conservatives... they never cease to amaze me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
It is our God given right to defend ourselves.

#1 problem with your average american...

iraq was an OFFENSIVE war, not a defensive one...
that places us with all the other offensive nations through time...
and none of them survived in all their glory...

I partially agree.

America (the beautiful) wont be around forever . . . its sad to say, but look at the course of history as you stated.

However, I still hold firm to the principle that you and I have the right to defend ourselves from those who wish to do us harm.

Just a note: The Iraq war on Hondaswap.com = :deadhorse:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
They also believe that force is the answer to everything.

Non-violence never solved anything.

god%20jesus%20christ.jpg

Tell that to this guy. He certainly believed peace was the answer.
buddy.jpg

ahh dogma....buddy christ was about the funniest damn thing id ever heard (the first time)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Never forget that our founding fathers were terrorists, insurgents, traitors, and "freedom fighters".

:werd:

True, but a few things sepparate George Washington and the other founding fathers of our country from the terrorists of today.

They did not take the innocent lives of people not involved in the conflict at hand. They did not travel the globe blowing themselves and innocent people to peices. They did not torture people, and they conducted themselves as gentlemen.

Its a shame when Washington, Jefferson, and Monroe are equated with the likes of scumbag immoral terrorists.

They did not take the innocent lives of people not involved in the conflict at hand. They did not travel the globe blowing themselves and innocent people to peices. They did not torture people, and they conducted themselves as gentlemen.
i don;t think this statement is accurate

there was a huge divide between normal citizens who supported the crown, and those who wanted freedom, and there were actions taken against crown supporters...
and the american revolution days makes todays torture look like childsplay...
tar and feather?
boiling oil?
etc...

Its a shame when Washington, Jefferson, and Monroe are equated with the likes of scumbag immoral terrorists.
didn;t even one of these three own slaves?
yet you bring up morality as an issue?

Quoted post[/post]]

there was a huge divide between normal citizens who supported the crown, and those who wanted freedom, and there were actions taken against crown supporters...
and the american revolution days makes todays torture look like childsplay...
tar and feather?
boiling oil?
etc...

I dont remember Washington leading a massive campaign to tar and feather everybody who disagreed with him. . . just doesnt seem like his style.

didn;t even one of these three own slaves?
yet you bring up morality as an issue?

Saddly, slavery was perfectly legal back then.

sadly there's lots of things that they don't tell you about washington...

and legal?? yes, moral? fuck no

but we were doing them the favor by giving them (read: forcing upon them) our religion, and they were barbarians cause they didn't have religion... (read: OUR religion)

Quoted post[/post]]
sadly there's lots of things that they don't tell you about washington...

I would be interested to learn how George Washington led massive KKK style raids on the homes of English Loyalists, slit their throats in a public square, and hung their battered and abused corpses by the town church for everybody to see.

and legal?? yes, moral? fuck no

but we were doing them the favor by giving them (read: forcing upon them) our religion, and they were barbarians cause they didn't have religion... (read: OUR religion)

^ i never touched on anything remotely connected to this remark . . . although my views on this subject would definately start a multi-page thread.

ummm..both washington and jefferson owned slaves. I dont remember, but didnt washington's slaves go free after he died?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Never forget that our founding fathers were terrorists, insurgents, traitors, and "freedom fighters".

:werd:

True, but a few things sepparate George Washington and the other founding fathers of our country from the terrorists of today.

There is zero difference in principle. That was my point. They were still viewed as terrorists, insurgents and/or traitors by the Crown and royalists.

You're displaying that blindly patriotic attitude I was talking about.

Whats your point?

Wether or not Washington's patriots and the Radical Muslims of today are viewed as the same type of organization or not is irrelevant.

The founding fathers of this country went about their "insurgency" in a much different manner than the terrorists of today. They did not kill innocent people to make their point, instead, they dumped tea in the Boston harbor . . . thats not exactly on the same level as an internet murder video now is it??

Quoted post[/post]]

Hey, the IRA doesn't behead people on the internet either. Are you going to say that they're not terrorists either, now? That'd be an apples and oranges comparison, wouldn't it? :wink:

I'll agree that their are a broad range of possible people who could fit the description of a "terrorist".

They were extremeists. They were terrorists. They were insugents. Had England won the war, that is what they would be remembered for...as we swear alligence to the Crown. Their place as "freedom fighters" is only secured by England's loss.

Perhaps you're honestly not capable of seeing this blatantly obvious point.

I understand that, but i will state my position again since you have missed it:

Quoted post[/post]]
The founding fathers of this country went about their "insurgency" in a much different manner than the terrorists of today. They did not kill innocent people to make their statement, instead, they dumped tea in the Boston harbor.

I declare Cashizslick the winner of this argument. You may all go home now, be careful on the roads. Take care, and thanks for coming !

Good night Cleveland!

Back