ahhh....the turbo build....d16a6 cr-x

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

ahhhh.....now on to my favorite part of my crx build...the booooooost......i just got my intercooler from a saab to fit (and its a front mount!!!!) i had to cut the support center out but it is still nice n stiff.....bumper does not wiggle at all.....i have a saab turbo i am going to mate up to an hf manny......the stock saab piping which fits perfect...and an xs blow off valve....for the downpipe...i may make my own...its seems easy and i have access to a welder at my shop in skool.......hope to make a lil less than 200 or mabe even 200 hp....i am going to add some dsm 440s tho so dont be like....fuel man fuel!!!!!!!!! its gunna be therr.....maybe even add an aem fuel rail and filter.......thanks for your time guys!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ok so i now ordered an hf manifold....but have no idea what kind of turbo this is....i need to know because i am ordering an adapter.......look through the album on that link and there will be pictures of the charger...its from a saab but i dont remember what model saab....thanks guys....enjoy the pics....more soon when the manifold gets here :mrgreen: crx turbo build pics

that looks like a pretty poor condition turbo how much did you get that for? i hope thats not rust around the compressor wheel... did you check for shaftplay? Inside the turbo should be nice and clean, the outside doesnt matter at all

and youknowwhoibee was imitating the sound of a turbo... then the blowoff valve

its not i poured a lil oil in it to see if it was spinning at it potential....it was....i just didnt clean it up yet.....there is zero shaft play....i got it for free along with the cooler and piping so no loss if it is bad...what kind of turbo is it tho...i dont know what it is......t3.....t25.....td04?

new pics...got da bitch bolted up and thanks to WHOS THE MASTER i know have a quick disconnect oil feed and return line setup (thanks bro) all i gots to do know is run my lines and pipes and make m downpipe....stay tuned for the updates

Picture039.jpg

Picture033.jpg

here are some new pics.....the saab stock piping actually fits really good...just need to get rubber couplers to meet the pipes to the throttle body and turbo....plus run the oil lines this weekend...hope yah like

Picture043.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture049.jpg

The car looks a little... wet. :)

Very nice budget setup! When are you heading off to tune and dyno? I'd like to see the results.

hopefully when school is out and i should be done with it...ill find sumone to chip me ecu and ill find some injectors to toss in there....then maybe squeeze a lil more boost since its tuned....not fo sho tho...thanks for the comment too :mrgreen:

lol...no....no downpipe and no couplers for the charge pipes.....interior is not finished either....only driven it before i set it in the lot for work.......this summer whens shes all done i will.....shell run like drippy paint!

ok so....today i thought i would do my oil lines which i did and had a good time doin it......was a little tricky fittin my hand and arm underneath the intake manifold so i can thread in the connector for the oil feed....which i am not using a t-fitting....but a 4 way cross....just in case i decide to use an oil pressure gauge i can just unthread the plug and pluger in.......i also got the charge pipe to the intake manifold done because i found a rubber hose to connect it......now to finish this i need my downpipe made, which i will do at school this week...and i also need to get 2 90 degree rubber hoses to connect the turbo's pipe to the intercooler....after that i am pretty much done...maybe ill buy an fmu or find some dsm 450's......all n all an easy very low budget turbo setup ( so far only spent 20 bucks!!! lmao) enjoy the pics

Picture050.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture058.jpg

update!!!!!!!!! so today i decided to put my oil pan back on after i made the return fitting on it and jb welded it on there.......so everything is ready to go.....downpipe bolted up....charge pipes tight and intercooler mouted.......started her rightup and i go to the front of the car to check for leaks......first thing i see is oil pouring out of my downpipe ( had a hole i didnt notice from a burnthru weld.......plus i looked at my muffler and the thing was smokin like a muthafucka.....my god damn turbo seal is done....it leaked out of the oil return fitting on the turbo and was dumping oil in the d-pipe.......i said fuck it and tossed eveything back to stock....ran fine and im prolly gunna keep the car all stock except for some gold rotas and a nice lil system in it....just for reliability reasons for school this upcoming year.......car runs fine anyway and dont wanna fuck it up....just a nice...clean....stock....crx.....just to tool around in when i get my license this august

Back