Ahhhhhhh

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Hello

90 Integra 4 Door

I have no breaks. How I know this is... well... plain and simple, I can't stop, the pedal has top be jammed all the way to the floor, and then it only brings the car to a rolling stop. Here's a break down of what I've replaced... Master Cylinder (spelling), Proportioning Valve, Font Right Metal Line from Prop. Valve to Rubber Break line, and all brake fluid and still no fluid/pressure going to the Front Right or Rear left side.

The Front Left and Rigth Rear calipers are getting pressure, I know this becuase I touched the rotors and burnt my finger tips. But the Front Rright and Left Rear aren't getting pressure at all. None of the lines are bent or crushed, not are they corroded, there is a little bit of fuild that spurts out of the Front Rright, maybe a 1/10 of a teaspoon if that, which is dark in color. Could it be the Booster, or something.

If anyone knows anything or can gfive me some advice please do so. I plain in replacing the Booster either tonight or tomorrow... Someone Help

my resevoir was leaking teribbly about a year ago but it wasnt as bad as what you described

you bled all the lines after replacing the master cylinder starting with the farthest wheel from the cylinder?

sounds like a cursed car then? :lol:

good luck man

i was told by some top road racers to bleed all of the brakefluid out then run isopropaline alcohol the stuff u get at wallgreens and then bleed that out after that put the new brake fluid in i guess if u ever over heat your fluid u should do this they just do it after every race on there swifts but its the same thing as our hondas

bleeding the brakes isn't hard...have you took off each caliper and checked if the boot around the pistons are cracked?? that's exactly what it sounds like to me...and no matter how hard the pads are clamping on the rotor, it'll burn you so that's not a good way to see if they are getting pressure or not...change the calipers, pads, and bleed your brakes...i'm pretty sure that will do the trick

What are you talking about that didnt make sense to me, man... How much is this isopropaline alcohol, is it mandatory? I dont road race, and I dont street race... so come on, just becuase I own a Integra and I saw 2F2F Friday night doesnt mean I Race the car, its my daily driver, but not now, cuase I'm stuck with the Altima :(

Cool B16 I'll do that, mind if I update you to see if it works. It's awesome having a Parts car with perfectly maintained everything on it... Wooo! See Ya'

yes bleed the brakes!!! this could be cause you the problem. start from the tire furthest from the brake master cylinder, and work your way closer (RR, LR, RF, LF). air in the line will cause you brakes to not work just as you described (and has happened to me). jus my 2 cents.

its just to clean out the hoses and lines its not much money a couple of dollars its to add alittle to a full brake flluid change just a helpful hint to most of u out there change your brakefluid and u will notice a diffrence in pedal feel have fun stopping its almost more fun than excellerating especially in hondas :D

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Jun 9 2003, 08:16 PM
Cool B16 I'll do that, mind if I update you to see if it works. It's awesome having a Parts car with perfectly maintained everything on it... Wooo! See Ya'

coo man...tell us who was right on what was wrong lol

Undo all the bleeder valves? Or one at a time? I found a small problem this morning, someone had clamped a C-Clamp on the rubber of the rear brake line (passenger), I removed it, and pumped, then bled, then bled the back. Should I redo starting from right rear - left rear - front right - front left? Is that the sequence? We'll see... thanks

I dont have a Helms... can't find one either... you arent being much help, well you arent being any help. And I figured it out, someone clamped a C-Clamp onto the lines... so there ya go, Im in the process of bleeding it now! Thanks for nothing!

Yes Sir Cpt. Cock Crusader. I wasnt talking about the others I was talking about pissedoffsol... he hasnt help at all... it doesnt matter though!

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Jun 11 2003, 06:53 PM
Yes Sir Cpt. Cock Crusader. I wasnt talking about the others I was talking about pissedoffsol... he hasnt help at all... it doesnt matter though!

hey fuckface
if you were actually smart enough to have a fucking manual on your car you might not have to ask dumb shit like this

ANY manual ... not just Helms will have the instructions for bleeding the brakes.... go to any parts store with $20 and you can get a Haynes or Chiltons... fuck go to the library and they will usually have one of those two manuals there as well... the Helms is FAR better but for simple shit like bleeding the fucking brakes either one will do untill you can get your hands on a Helms

Fuckface, hmm I kind of like that, has a nice ring to it... Ha I do have a haynes manual, and already knew the blleding process, I was confused about how people had said to bleed, I was making sure the procedure I read adn knew was the correct one. So thanks again

Back