AHHVTEC'S 2nd gen build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

now should i lie about it and post up a bogus mount or show you the real deal thats the question. see the problem with me is that its your car do as you please with it, but there is no reason on gods green earth to lie about anything, you would get way more respect for telling the truth over something thats prolly rice as fuck then you would be to lie about the smallest thing. so learn from that if you can and lie no more. real men dont care about the subject its all respect.now with that being said i will have to dig it out of storage, the driver side mount with really easy its perty much the stock mount just with some fab work. i will see if i can get to it in the next few days.

how long did it take to do the swap? & was it hard? I have a 1983 civic hatch with the 1.5 swap 5 speed & the carb engine isn't my thing.....im thinking about a d15 or d16

well once you have everything ready to go its not to bad, just bolt the motor in and fire it up. what takes some time is all the mods, like fuel lines, axles,wiring,mounts,ectect.

Im cutting out the wiring and doing a carb'd a6/zc , still looking forward to seeing the mounts you fabbed

Im just curious if it would be better to mod the stock mount like you did, or cut and fab in 88-91 mounting locations, also id like to see your front xmember, appreciated

sorry pos cell pics, but i installed some 6.5 components up front with amp for front stage. and some 6.5 coaxial in back for rear fill.

^ Nice. I don't remember what the rest of the system is. What is the whole system?

Put a system in a ride I picked up during the summer for a new DD. Dual Dayton 12's for lows, then a pair of JBL 6x9 tri-axials in the back split electrically for bi-amping, a pair of JBL 6.5" in the doors split for bi-amping, and a pair of Alpine 4x6 in the dash split for bi-amping. Then, a 650w Alpine PDR-M65 mono-block for lows on the 12's, and two Alpine MRV-F300's for the mids & highs. Sony dual DIN head unit and a Precision Power DSP-88R digital controller/crossover for a three-way tri-amplified setup with crossover points at 200 hz and 2.5 khz.. Installed in a 2004 Chevy Blazer 4x4.

Last edited:
well after swapping here and there, this one has a clarion cz 702 head unit, and a massive audio nx2 nano block amp.

not yet, im debating on that part, i like my stock sub in my rsx type s, if i can find a sub maybe a spare tire sub that would give me around the same bass id go for it. im just not much into the bass with this car.

I'm not into that kaboom kaboom kaboom crap either. A decent sub installation will help clean up the mids and make it sound real nice. Something to consider for the future. If you were nearby, I'd demo my system to you. What you have in there now is a real good start on a killer setup of you choose to advance it to the next level.

go with an 8 sub. DD makes a badass 8'. They even go one step smaller too. that would give you more than enough and save storage space. :) Glad to see you kept it man.

go with an 8 sub. DD makes a badass 8'. They even go one step smaller too. that would give you more than enough and save storage space. :) Glad to see you kept it man.
You know, I tried to find that one, but this is as close as I could get:

195160inches-jpg.22926

Attachments

• 195160inches.jpg
    195160inches.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 543
I told you they made one smaller. lol.

damn you '' symbol!!!

Back