Ain't this some s@#&

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Would midas be considered a custom exhaust shop or should I look for another shop?

I called Midas and they said no problem. I just have to take it in so they can see exactly what needs to be done. The lady I spoke with said $130 give or take for a new b pipe. I am waiting to hear back from Apexi before I do anything.

That's reasonable. Maybe a little high but if they are going to make it removable with a new flex pipe and flanges, that's a deal.

I don't know for sure what the round about quote includes, but I do plan to keep it removable. I am going to have a flange at the cat and one for the muffler.

sounds like they are just going to order a stock pipe and replace it to me.

I finally hard back from Apexi today and are not willing to make the situation right. Thy admitted to not being able to determine what caused the break. They said that they had never seen anything like it. I am slightly over due on the warranty, so in their opinion I am not entitled to any form of compensation. They offered to sell me the two and a half foot section of pipe for well over $100 plus shipping. Needless to say I told them to forget it. The customer service there is quite slow. I talked to them the day it happened and sent them pictures an a description of the problem that same day. It took two days to acknowledge the email. Then two days later I sent them more pictures so they could see how it was mounted. Today I called to check what was going on and the guy tells me "sorry, but we can sell you this really expensive replacement part if that makes it better." I think the fact that they will not make good on a problem that is obviously equipment failure is pretty week. I installed the system according to THEIR directions, using factory hardware, so I see no reason why it should not have lasted for atleast a few years. I guess I will not buy anything else from Apexi.

I am going in to a shop on friday to get the exhaust fixed. I am going to have them add some flex pipe while I am there.

Stress fractures in metal are subject to so many factors. The age and metallurgy, quality of the metal, heat of the initial weld, frequency and duration of driving and heating/cooling events. It's difficult to assign blame. Also, this is a common type of break. They are lying that they have never seen that before.

I bought it in feb of last year. Installed august of last year and I have put about 5k miles on it. So pretty new.

I suggest buying the Chrysler springs and bolts for the header at advance auto parts for like 5 bucks. I have used this without a flex pipe on my apexi and it has been fine. My system is a lot older than yours too and I have the stiff hasport mounts.

Shitty situation in general but it should be better off now once its fixed.

Back