Air bag light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civ04GM

Long story short. I nailed a deer with my 04 civic LX. I got it all fixed up, but the air bag light is on. I had a mechanic check it out, said it was fine but didn't know how to turn the light off. Checked with the Honda guy, he said it would cost $400 to get the bags checked and the light turned off. F that. Anyone know how to turn it off?

Okie Dokie Pal im a honda Technician.... Heres the deal....

If you Hit the deer and the airbags DID not deploy, and the light is ON, you are going to have to replace at least your seat belts and buckles off the bat, because those are internally gas charged and do deploy even if they are currently working fine. And since they apparently did fail, the module also has to be replaced. Just for future notice, on the newer hondas, if the airbags DO DEPLOY, you have to replace...

Buckles, and Belts on both sides, Airbags, Impact sensors, and Airbag (SRS) module in order to turn off the light.

If the airbags do not deploy, minimal repair would be SRS Unit, Buckles, and Belts.

Just for the record, no one else can clear that light BUT a dealer, because the software is not publically available, sames goes for most newer honda ABS codes and imobolizer read outs. Id love to help you out if you were in the NYC area, let me know if you are, but your car is fairly new, get it repaired the right way.

Thanks for the info. I live in chicago. If I would get all of this fixed, how much do u think it would cost me.

I dont know the prices of the parts off hand, and it also depends on what that SRS light is displaying. Go to a dealer and for one hour labor, they should be able to scan it and determine exactly what it needs.

Back