air conditioning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

What's the easiest and cheapest way to convert my air conditioning system? Call me dumb, but I just learned you cant buy the old freon anymore....except for mucho $$. How about driving to mexico? Do they still sell it cheaply there? Just a thought...

either you pay out the butt for freon, about $100 a lb, or you convert. luckly my father is a jet machnic, and jets still use freon, they can't convert becouse of the pressure, so i can get it for $30 a lb. sweet deal for me, good luck.

No, get Freeze-12. It's a good R-12 replacement, and it's cheap too.

A/C? what is this a/c?

Ah that 40lbs of dead wieght that is still bolted to my block? I am half tempted to reconnect the belt for it. but then the bolwn rings in my engine and my servere lack of HP says.. no

Yeah dude, they sell a kit at Walmart for less than $40.

Buy the kit, and follow the instructions. After you have the kit, you can buy more bottles, but you probably won't even need what the kit gives you for a regular recharge. I've done it to three cars, without removing any of the old stuff, and it works great. The R134 I believe is compatible with the old R12. Just don't breathe the shit, cuz it'll make you sick to your stomach.

Back