1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Fuel Control

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by neurovox, Feb 14, 2004.

1. neurovox

neurovox Junior Member

Yesterday I hooked a air fuel meter to my lsvtec and it is running rich. When I measure the voltage from the o2 sensor it is .76 volts. should the voltage measure .49 for a proper air fuel ratio? I am considering buying either the HKS super AFR or the split second to adjust this with. I have an idea to hook up a rheostat in the o2 sensor voltage signal line to adjust this to .49 volts. Would that work since the fuel is based on the voltage signal, has someone tried this. My ecu is a chipped p28 and it is laying the fuel on.
    Thanks, Kevin

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

get some type of AFC

chipped P28s run about 10.5:1 - 11:1 air/fuel... NA cars (that arent built to all fuck) should normally run around 13.5:1 - 14:1

running rich as fuck is making you lose power and making your gas milage suck ass

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

could also try changing the chip to something a little more appropriate. Considerably cheaper than a retarded piggyback. Mark Pozzobon made 201.4 NA WHP (and won the NA Bracket) at the Englishtown NHRA Finals dyno challenge with what.... A chipped ECU that he tuned himself! Shocking what using your brain can do.

http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/2003/dyno/results.html

4. neurovox

neurovox Junior Member

I would like to make my own chip . I checked the pgmfi web site and the Crom program sounds interesting but I could not find a link to download it. is All I need is the rom editor and a chip burner for the basics since my p28 is already set up to swap out chips. Do you have a link to the crom download? Thanks KEvin

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted