Air Fuel gauge... what kinda o2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigNate

i heard you can ONLY have a/f guage if you have a wideband o2 wire right? can you hook it to a 4 wire? ya know, obd2 o2.. thats what i got on my civic and im needing to know if i NEED to go pick up a wideband..

thanks

Yea its gonna be a light show but here is the steps on putting one in if u actually need...

Its an accurate read if u know how to see where ur last light lands/flash...

Ground and positive hooks up to your stereo pos./neg. wires...the thrid wire goes to the O2 sensor with 4 wires i would believe u said...hook it up to the white wire and NON ELSE.....you well mess up the a/f gauge lights...

my wires were..

white, green, black, black......

What I did for mine, since I have one is, hit up the junkyard and the end connectors off the O2 and factory harness, and soldier it together and added a wire off the white wire so I didn't have to hack up the harness in the car or anything. Its very simple to do and such. I would definately recommend to go with the wide-band gauge and sensor tho. I think it was an AEM UEGO Controller that you use the wide band sensor and have the gauge feed the ecu. Look that up and you may think about that one being a better option. -Gary

damn i lost this thread for a second lol, thanks for the info, ill keep it in mind when i start my build back up...

Back