air fuel gauge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

ok i have a crx with a first gen b16a swap. i need to know how to hook up a autometer air fuel gauge. the instructions say that i need to tap in to the o2 but i have 2 of them and i dont know which one to use... i have tryed both and still nothing. i have the 12v hooked up(with fuse) and ground is also hooked up but still nothing.

i wouldnt waste your time with it. the stock o2 signal is narrow band and very innaccurate. the only thinkg tha guage is good for is bling points and a pretty light show and it bounces back and forth from lean to rich.

gay. that sucks.. do u know how i can find out some other way to tell if im rinning rich. cause i can smell gas like hard core from exhaust

Do you have a racing chip in your car? If so, that's probably why you smell gas. Get a wideband, that's your only way to tell quantitatively if you are running rich.

Or just hook up a meter to your stock o2 sensor output, and if you are running rich, you'll register over ~.5 volts (i think its actually around .43 volts, but you get the idea) and if lean, the meter will register less than ~.5 volts

And by meter, I mean a plain old multimeter.

the ecu is PR3 and i dont think its chiped. but i have also been told that vtec kicks in at 5000rpm but vtec kicks in at 4500. also i was told that redline was 8000 but when i hit 7000 it acts like its redlinning

Quoted post[/post]]
gay. that sucks.. do u know how i can find out some other way to tell if im rinning rich. cause i can smell gas like hard core from exhaust
how do you know it's coming from your exhaust? Did you take a whiff of it while the car is standing still? If you smell gas while driving, you might have some bad crush washers in your fuel connects, which would cause the fuel to leak. Or you may have some bad injector seals or your fuel rail might be loose. Or...you might just have a REALLY dirty air filter, which I have found also causes you to run rich. CAI's are notorious for getting really nasty.

i know that it smells really rich at the exhaust muffler

do you have a cat on it?
seems like somethings up with your ECU too. that ECU is supposed to RPM limit at like 8000 or so.
Any CEL'S?

yeah, either your tach is WAY off, or there something up with that ecu.

vtec shoudl hit around 5600, and revlimit around 8200

Back