Air fuel ratio gauge not working properly

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killercannible

I installed an air fuel gauge in my 97 ex. Don't really need it yet however i got a good deal on it and wanted to mount it in my radio block off plate.(looks pimp by the way:tpp:) So anyways it is hooked up and getting signal, i know this because the reader changes when it is at full throttle. However my friend told me that at idle it should bounce back and forth from lean to stoich.But it hangs right around lean and also has one bar lit up all the way at stoich. He says it may be my o2 sensor. Just wanted to see if anyone else had encountered this.

I had mine hooked up to the wrong wire from the ecu and it did that exactly.
Was in the TPS somehow, and at WOT it would delay-rich... Mine doesn't bounce at adle though, only when i'm coasting or have a light foot it will bounce.
I'm not sure if that helps you any, but i think the wire i used was white or pink.

killer- all that gauge is going to do anyway is give you values between 14 and 15:1, if even that.

yeah, without a wideband, youre only gonna get 3 readings from the AFR gauge.

The gauge is pointless without it.

3 readings:

wrong, really wrong, logical guess.

:)

your o2 is fine. if it wasn't it would be throwing a CEL :) own your firend :)

i thought you were saying i was wrong...i was about to get HELLA upset....its all good now.

Well if there is only three narrowband settings and my o2 sensor is functioning properly then at idle it should be dead center stoich rather than lean right? Here is a pic of what it does at idle after it is warmed up.
100_1413.jpg
IMG%5D
IMG%5D

it should fluctuate or stay at at stoich. if its lean its not gonna cause a big problem. your tps is at 0 so its gonna run a stock map. even a little bit below .45 volts will put it at SUPER lean. Nothing to worry about. Get another bung put in and hook up a wideband. That reading is so far off its not even funny. on a narrowband O2 sensor, the AFR gauge is pointless.

Back