Air Induction Options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uppertorso

I am driving a 4th Gen Civic, I just installed a B16a in it, with a Y1 trans. I am wanting to install a short ram air induction hose. BUT, i want to keep the battery where it is. Any suggestions on which one to use???
Or what kind of car would it be out of??
Any imput would be appreciated.

Here is a pic

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/viewimage...b745dc2e707.jpg

Thanks

I have a custom (homemade) shortram on my 91 dx. I had found the plans on the teamdelsol website,but it's no longer in my faverotes list :( but I used 2.5inch exhast tubing, one staight length approx. 15inch and one 180 mandrell bent length with 12inch legs. used the 180 peice to create the bends and a section of the 15inch peice for the added length. painted with ceramic paint to held keep air temp. cooler. used 2.5inch rubber waterline/sewer connecters with clamps from Lowe's(2.50$ apeice) and added a brace welded at the aircleaner end that bolts into the exesting aircleaner box bolthole(front side of shock tower). also used the existing breather tube you can use a gromet or cut and weld in place.

spiff I just bought all the stuff recently to do the same thing,
what air cleaner did you use ?? that's the only thing left I need to buy

and i used to have that site bookmarked to , did a search for it and can't find it any were

It's a K&N cone filter 6inch length, 5.5inch base, with 4inch cap. sorry don't remember the stock number. :blink: by the way leave 1/2 inch of unpainted tube at each end or it and the aircleaner will vibrate loose (off!!) unless you know how to add a rolled lip to each end. I also painted the inside of tube with ceramic paint after Icleaned up the welds with a mini-grinder.

I guess i wasn't very clear on what i was asking, I don't want to make one, I want to have a manufactured one, but I am uncertain if i should order one for a:
4G civic SI
or
2G teg
-sorry I wasn't clear enough, if anyone knows please respond,
Thanks

Back