air injection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yessss now you got me :)

image 1000017DJ6 is what your concerned with. the thermostat housing is on that side of the motor ;)

it sure does appear that the block in the pictures you posted does not have that valve in it. just to be clear, this is a USDM motor? and that is the Y8 block, not your old one, right?

this is the best picture I have of it in my old motor. just to give you an idea....

yessss now you got me :)

image 1000017DJ6 is what your concerned with. the thermostat housing is on that side of the motor ;)

it sure does appear that the block in the pictures you posted does not have that valve in it. just to be clear, this is a USDM motor? and that is the Y8 block, not your old one, right?

this is the best picture I have of it in my old motor. just to give you an idea....

yeah he said its an 00 motor. and a y8 with a gude cam:)

you know... if you look close in my pics it looks like it might connect at something

Last edited:
maybe i'm still not clear. by your first post, i'm under the impression your taking w/e head you've possibly already found to be compatible with a Y8 block, and swapping that head onto the Y8 block w/ the Y8 intake mani. Am I right?

Old head
New used block
New used trans
New used intake mani?

maybe i'm still not clear. by your first post, i'm under the impression your taking w/e head you've possibly already found to be compatible with a Y8 block, and swapping that head onto the Y8 block w/ the Y8 intake mani. Am I right?

Old head
New used block
New used trans
New used intake mani?

doing the whole swap. new 2000 d16y8 motor with trans and cam

so everything is different

ah sweeeeeeeeet.

hmm I wonder why the intake mani has that port in it, but the thermostat housing doesnt seem to have the valve then.

i think it may be covered up by the hose. look in the pic from the left side of it.

O alrighty I see now. It could still be attached to the hose. Well let me know if this gives you any trouble when you fire it up. Best of luck!

Back