air intake benchtests in honda tuning mag

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

in the new Honda Tuning magazine, they benchtest and dynotest a bunch of popular aftermarket intakes. they were tested for both air flow efficiency and horsepower (dyno tests were done on an RSX). the results were surprising. first of all, the AEM CAI did not place first or second! Injen came out on top, followed by DC sports! they tested about 8 different intakes. it says they were surprised when the injen boosted whp by 20 horses at the peak of the curve!! holy shit!

20 whp? that's a little hard to believe, unless the stock tubing like 1/4" in diameter or something. that's crazy.

what you have to understand is that the RSX and other K-series motors respond to bolt ons in a MUCH different way that we b/d/h/f series guys have it.

Don't look at that for a benchmark than ANYTHING but an RSX

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 12 2002, 07:38 AM
what you have to understand is that the RSX and other K-series motors respond to bolt ons in a MUCH different way that we b/d/h/f series guys have it.

Don't look at that for a benchmark than ANYTHING but an RSX

:werd:

Don't guy buy an Injen intake now, thinking that your whp will go to a whopping 120 in your D-series!

yea and sometimes... not saying this is the case BUT some of these companies make a little "donation" to the magazine and their products do better than the others.. just something to keep in mind.

Go Matrix. Er, uh, yeah.... That's what I have.
On F and B series engines, there is barely a 1whp difference between AEM and generic intakes.

actually, the results across the board were very close..in other words, the losers performed very close to the winners. differences were slight.

What did you expect? Like in my car, there's only one way to bend a pipe as an air intake. I can see AEM performing a little better because of the zinc coating, but not that much. There's enough suction that it doesn't really matter.

how does a zinc coating help?

and wouldn't it be better to just remove the filter cone for racing?

the coating keeps the engine heat out of the inside air passage.

removing the cone is gay. you could suck up a rat, a squirrel, or how about a nice fine grain of sand. BOOM

Back