1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

I have no air conditioner in my prelude. If i open the controls to vent, nothing but hot air bloes into the car. If i put it on heat, nothing but hot air blows into the car. Wy question is, how do i stop the hot air from blowing into my car on the vent setting? Is there anything i can do? Im not sure if my controls are broken or not, (the little slider that you move for hot and cold). How do i fix this problem. Thanks

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

umm tehre should be 2 setting for where u get ur air from. 1 has a car with an arrow coming in from the window it looks like. the other is a picture of a car with the arrow in a circle. u need to select the 1 with the arrow coming through the window, that means outside air is coming inside the car. the other is just circulating the air already inside the car. if this doesnt work, move to alaska.

3. rudeludenotmeanthough

I knw hw it wrks. It jst deosnt wrok prrperly. <testing out that rearange the word thing>

I guess a better question would be: Where does the blower pick up the air from outside?

4. swanny

swanny Senior Member

it comes from your cowl.

5. rudeludenotmeanthough

i figured from the cowl. well then why is it hot air coming into my car? Is it hot air from the engine bay?, how do i stop that? well i guess i need ideas on how to fix it.

6. rudeludenotmeanthough

7. tab

tab Super Moderator

Your cable could have popped off. On my car, the dial you move opens and closes a valve on the firewall through a cable setup. One of your heater hoses would be connected to it. It basically lets the hot radiator fluid through your heater core as you open the valve. Very simple. Just a possibility that wasn't mentioned......

8. rudeludenotmeanthough

about where behind the dashboard/in the foot-well is this located? I am too lazy to check it out until i know i am ready to fix it.

9. shortbusrebel07

shortbusrebel07 Senior Member

just ditch it man. it takes away horsepower

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted