air2air or water2air intercoolers...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16AT

So yea...just what the title says. I like the water-to-air because 1) i haven't seen anyone with it around here at any show or meet, and 2) it's basically sleeping without seeing a big ass air-to-air intercooler in the front. The only way you'd know i was boosting is when you hear the blow-off valve.

air to water is more efficient, but requires more plumbing(for water), an heat exchanger, and water pump. personally i would use a a2w on a honda mainly for shorter intake plumbing.

Why don't you run a one-shot intercooler? Few people run those on the street.

Honsetly, if you don't want people to see your intercooler, design a bottom mount configuration and make a scoop.

what are your plans for the car? because for driving around town and as a daily driver in general, an air to water IC is going to be a pain in the balls and overall not worth the extra work- if you're going to make this a quarter mile only car, then by all means, use air to water- but for around town driving, nothing beats an air to air unit

sirkid (jody) has an air/water setup.

air/water are more efficient than air/air, because they cool with no air flow (ie, not moving) as well.

IMO, for a street car, the air/air is plenty.

a lot of drag cars use air/water, because they can put ice in the exchager to cool the chrage even more than just the water can.

if you're looking for a sleeper, hook up a geo. everyone thinks hondas are either uber fast or uber slow. there's just too many of them now

design a bottom mount configuration and make a scoop.

good idea...this is a weekend racer not so much a daily driver

Back