AiResearch T04

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb

phresh
VIP
So I just picked up an AiResearch T04, becuase i got a really good deal on it, now I need to know a little more about it. On the compressor wheel the inducer measured 45.65mm and the exducer is 69.92, it has a 3" inlet with a 2" outlet on the cold side and the hot side has a 3" outlet. I did the math to figure the trim, but that tells me its a 42 trim, which doesnt sound right. If anyone could gimme a link to info about it, or tell me what the max boost pressure is that would be great, thanks.

Im not sure of the age, but the internals are all new. Since I posted Ive found one piece of info on it, unfortunately it was that another person was havin the same trouble I am now. This turbo is not any standard T04 apparently, meanin Q trim or P trim ect. The other person huntin info suggested it might be an older industrial application turbo. Ill keep lookin for a while, but odds are Ill just take it to a turbo shop in my area and pay the shop rate to have evaluate it.

IT could be a t3 like on the old svo or turbo gt mustangs. My 84 turbo gt stang had an AIRReserch turbo. You sure its a t4?

Yup, Im sure. "AiResearch T04" is in big letters on the intake housing, and thats all thats on the intake housing too. As for the exhaust the only I.D. it has is ".69 A/R"

yup, aiResearch used to be the big diesel turbos for factories, ships and what not.... basically, they were the "holset' of the 80's.

take a pic of it

heres a few.

Attachments

• Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,090
  • Image024.jpg
    Image024.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,904
  • Image026.jpg
    Image026.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,812
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6,532
that hot side is pretty big. lol what do you plan on putting this on? i see very high spool rpm's in your future

Oh thats ok. So far the plan is LS/Vtec with a GE sleeved block, Tuner Toys rods, 84mm CP pistons with an 11cc dish, GSR head with Blox standard size valves, Buddy Club dual springs, P1 retainers, cams (unsure of grind still), Buddy Club adjustable cam gears, Greddy timing belt, port matched Edelbrock Victor X intake, Edelbrock 75mm throttle body, GSR oil and water pumps, the T04, Tial 40mm waste gate, equal length top mount manifold, ARP through out, and Im prally forgettin a few things, but thats the general outline of my build.

Back