Airjockie has 17" finally.....And five Lug...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Some guy on a subby board that lived close had some for sale for like $325 obo...I liked the look, and they had some decent tires on them, so I bought them....the size scared me a little, the normal tire size was like a 195/70/R14, and these were 235/45/ZR17...BFG's KDWS, wrapped around some Rota Battles...the price was perfect..so what the hell...mounted them, went around the block, and the car felt better than before.... :) I even gave the guy a little extra for gas. He was a cool guy, but quite.. :p And he even gave me some funky type of aluminum lugnuts :cool:

Anyways...here's the Auto Multi-media portion of the post.... :p

What the car looked like before...

aaj.jpg

And now.....

DSC00001.JPG

And the full subby gallery here....

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/airjockie/album264/

:cool:

I had an offer.....but I had to refuse it....the wife like the car, she can drive it, and she hasn't hit anything yet....and it;s been reliable as hell...

I already got 14K's plus miles on it, only had to replace 2 spark plugs and 4 oil changes....it still gets great gas milage..25mpg+, and it made it thru the CT winter...everyday except one day...the whole state was under a sheet of ice...and I'm not that dumb to drive in that crap. Scary thing is......I was told it had ABS and AWD, and I drove it like it had it, and I just found out that it was FWD and no ABS :ph34r: I thought the poor snow performance was due to the crapy tires it had....but the thing kept going and going...and it's still prolly the best reliable car I've ever had....so why not dump a tad bit of money into it. :laugh:

now he just needs a STi Type IV hood and front bumper :wink:

looks good Clayton. needs to be lowered a bit cause it has too much fender gap IMO

WEll, the drive to work last night and the drive home this morning was interesting. Since the wheels and tires are heavier, I have to step on the gas more, but once up to speed, it cruises decent. I got to adjust the airpressures a little...but the ride is a hell of a lot smoother and quiter...now the only noise in the car is the wind seeping in thruw the windows, but that is very livable. It has real grip now, and steering responce kicks ass....and it sticks great in corners. And the wheel bearing noise is gone...so it was just a abnormally work tire that caused that noise.

As far as other mods to the car...that's all up to the wife. I will put the new steering rack in, and freshen up the brakes...and that'll be the extent of what I'll dump into it. If the wife wants a body kit, tint, motorswap...then thats her decision and money. She does love the look of the wheels on her car, the fresher rubber with more contact patch will stop better that what we had before and she even likes the gunmetal color. :)

If I sold off the CRX and the civic, then I really might concider building up one of these to pimp out and race with...I actually like the feel of the car, but it could be lower and stiffer in my opinion. But I would want the STI power, AWD, and full adjustable suspension...and make it look like this....

legacy_f.jpg

or like this.....

http://www.hipposleek.co.jp/legacy_bg5/index.html

Back