AIRJOCKIE! HELP! (Pre-Solo exam, ATC questions)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I'm doing my pre-solo exam and have a few questions about ATC procedures.. The airport I am taining in has no ATC, so I'm quite unfamiliar with official procedure, and the training books I have don't outline specifics.. Which is frustrating to say the least.

#14: You have just called ATC just prior to entering class B airspace, and the controller tells you to, "squawk 2466 and Ident." Are you now allowed to enter Class B airspace without further instructions? Explain.

My guess at the answer: "No. Once you squawk 2466 the controller is able to identify your position and provide you with further instruction."

#18: Can a student or recreational pilot request a special VFR clearance in class D airspace when visibility is less than three miles? Explain your answer.

Hell if I know.. Can't find it in the book. I would assume so, being that some emergency situations would require special VFR.. Perhaps to land, but not to takeoff?

#19: You have called ATC prior to entering Class C airspace and the controller responds with your call sign and tells you to, "Standby." Are you now allowed to enter this airspace without any further instructions? Explain.

My Guess: No. Standby means to wait for further instruction.

Any help / explaination would be awesome.

Yeah, I should have done a PM, but hey, if any other Pilots/ATCs are out there, feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
I'm going down to hang out with my buddy who is a private pilot and has an IFR rating, if Clayton doesn't get back to you by later today, I'll post up what he thinks.

I never got to the point where I was getting ready for a solo...and it's been years since I opened up a damn FAR book...

but..I did google up those questions...and some good answers popped up. Sorting thru those answers gives me a headache...and of course I just got back from an awesome sushi dinner with the wife and her friend....and tossed a few beers back already.

But hit me up on AIM... Airj0ckey

I thought you were a friggin ATC?!?!

Apparently I'm way off..

P.S. I did google up all of the answers.. And yeah, trying to dig through all of the ATC jokes to get actual information (that wasn't a pay sight) was a headache.

Back