Airjockie's AE86 Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Well, since the AE86 crapped out on me......hehe

I'm building my own engine.

After about a 2 week sand blasting job....I finally got somewhere today.

The 7 rib 4AGE is the the base block....I have the 7 rib redtop block but due to finances, I cant afford to get the oversize pistons and the borejob done to 0.040 like I wanted to....so I picked up this engine in NY, and it has 7 rib's, but it is not the high comp engine from Japan...actually..this is just a normal AE92 engine, but it will receive the internals from the redtop...if they fit.

After getting a sandblaster nozzel from Home Depot, for $12, and a bag of play box dirt for $2...I went to it. After a day of trying to blast with the rock infested sand, I gave up...and found a place that sells the real sand blasting sand for $8 for a 100Lb bag. And I have been blasting since. But due to the rain and the high humidity some days here...I can't blast anything....Well after about a total of 10 hours....this is what the block looks like.

aaa.jpg

aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg

aae.jpg

aaf.jpg

aag.jpg

aah.jpg

aai.jpg

aaj.jpg

aak.jpg

The blueish paint you see is a test of the paint that the block will be painted...But the can says "Torque 'n' TEAL" but I wanted puke green....hehe

Now to run a hone to it, and clean out all the sand, blast it with some laquer thinner, and tape it off, and paint it.....

OK, She's honed, rinced out, blasted with carb cleaner, blasted with Brake cleaner, and blasted with laquer thinner...and the bottom coat of paint is on.

I wanted a color that don't look to clean, but yet clean enough to se where leaks are comeing from....and yellow was an option, but I wanted to match the grean/blue of the car....allthough it will be painted white and black later on.....

Next is to wait for it to dry, paint some more, dry, paint some more......

but I also got to clean up 3 more pistons.....then the shit can go back together....

aal.jpg

aam.jpg

aan.jpg

Painted and mostly done...a few more coats tommorrow, and piston install....

Beer time...... :beer:

I don't know if the car will ever get painted....after I finish building this drift monster, someone will want to buy it....I hope...and they can worry about the paint....hehe

Or the wife just might fall in love with the car when I tell her it's built with the JDM engine she bought....and if she loves it, then it's going PANDA...with some Kanji on the door...hehe

AJ.. glad to see this mother comin along... and its lookin good... except the color.... sea foam green... ehhh whatever works for ya..

have fun
-Aaron

Thanks...it took forever to do....even got the inside cleaned up. :lol:

anyways...I'm happy to anounce that the redtop pistons, rods, and crankshaft will work in this block....it's going to be a tight fit, but I think a 1 mm head gasket will work perfectly.....this engine is going to make mad compression....stock form is 10.3/1...so I will have gobs of power even if I go back to Fuel Injection...but I got to try this carbs on it first....and now I have to use better gas...and if the posibility happens...I might just have some time and the money to get some head work done....hehe

abg.jpg

abh.jpg

abi.jpg

abj.jpg

abk.jpg

abl.jpg

abm.jpg

abn.jpg

abo.jpg

Badass. What kind of compression would that get you?

if the head wasn't milled...I'd be looking at 10.3 to one....but also it depends on the head gasket....

u shoulda cleaned all that paint shit off the mating surfaces before you installed the internals.... lacquer thinner is what im guessing you are gonna use to do that now?

looks good otherwise. :D :D

Back