Airjockie's AE86 Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Forget about it, kiddo. Celica ain't ready. Help me get the Celica ready and we'll talk :)

I need a parts, like $100 or less 1982-1984 Supra with 5 speed, good seats and steering linkages.

I'm a man with needs. And I'm going after a sponsorship this time.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 27 2004, 01:28 PM
Forget about it, kiddo. Celica ain't ready. Help me get the Celica ready and we'll talk :)

I need a parts, like $100 or less 1982-1984 Supra with 5 speed, good seats and steering linkages.

-> Steve
[post=382756]Quoted post[/post]​

:roll: You can't even breath when your in the line up!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 27 2004, 02:42 PM
i'm sponsored by mastercard. you guys shoudl try it :)
[post=382786]Quoted post[/post]​

That's how my Credit Rating got screwwed up.....

If I lived with my parents, and stuff, then I would have money like crazy to put into my cars :p

Originally posted by Airjockie+Aug 27 2004, 04:03 PM-->
@Aug 27 2004, 01:28 PM

-> Steve
[post=382756]Quoted post[/post]​

:roll: You can't even breath when your in the line up!!!! :lol:
[post=382803]Quoted post[/post]​

word. im right in with this mad tizzite jdm drift shit. HOOK A BRO UP, yo. :lol:

can't breathe... you know how to piss me right the fuck off. I'll show you breathing, assgiggle. CELICA ... ON !

-> Steve

Now nice....deep...breath's....you can do it.....in....and out......in....and out....

good Steve...I knew you could do it....hehe :lol:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 29 2004, 04:55 PM
assgiggle :wtf:
[post=383345]Quoted post[/post]​

i think its the girls version of the "machine gun fart"

Seriously... back on the MAINish topic.... the engine... how is everything scooting along?

you could tuen it the way we do your card trucks weld in an 02 sensor and use a volt meter to read the voltage I used a honda on and it workd ok at hitting 14.7

well...I started the fuel pump install today...it got to hot, sweat dehydrayted me so bad that I had to go get a gallon of water, and my back is killing me along with my knee's....I might have to go to a doctor soon....I'm getting to the point that the pain is not tolerable anymore :( so I'm trying to fid a cool place to sit down with a few tylenalls and beer :blink:

I'm burned out on cars....or at least my back and knees are....

after putting off this project for a few....ehhhh....months....It's back on again.

I got the carb parts that were needed, and installed them already, it wants to rip, but there is just something that is not right.

So I called up Luis at paradiseracing.com and told him about this project. He thinks it's just a timing issue, so I will look into it a little more, something like I have it set at 13-15 degrees for idle, and at WOT...there is no timing advance to help the engine get along with the A/F mixture...so I need to be at 35 degree at WOT...so....it will be looked into and re-done. He also has a head gasket FEDEXed to me, and it will be here tommorrow around noon, by then, I should have the head off and apart and ready to size it up. He thinks that I should really invest in his new ITB setup thats still in the R&D department at his shop...who know...maybe I can get it under a sponsership thing...he said for me to right up something along the lines of what done and give him more info on some stuff...meh...I wish...

But the dizzy o-ring, the rear main seal, and a new timing belt are here now. so hopefully...if I take a little time, and have a machine shop shave the head, and if the new Comet or Comtech head gasket alows enough room for the pistons, then I might deck the block a little....if time permits...and time is now running out. With more money dumped on more parts as I type this...the car is becomeing a money pit. The carb parts ran me $225, and the hg was a good $60 from Luis, and all the other parts was $150 but that also included enough parts to get the Z, the AE86, and the CRX up and running....so hopefully, in the next two weeks...I will have all 4 cars up and running and ready to be put to sleep for the winter....and the week after that is nothing but moveing and setting everything else 30 miles away.

Plus we have a mad end-of-the-year rush at work to get 8 more helicopters done and delivered....so I get mad OT if I want it....but I'm already on 1 month with no days off...and a little OT each day if I can squeeze it in. Too much shit to do...no time to do it, and a house to buy, and a dead back....but I got all the parts and tools to do it with :) a few more 20 hour days and most of the stuff will get done.

Pics will follow when I have time to sit down again. ;)

Yanked the head off...everything was looking fine, ran a file over it to see if there was a high spot or a groove...and there was...so I guess I'll just take the head to a machine shop and have them shave it. all the other problems with the block is mostly fixed......got to polish out the camshaft bearing area's...it looks like a little sand from the sand blasting was still in the block....so I'll change the oil and get another oil filter. the old head gasket did look like it was holding a seal....for compression...but not for oil....then again the low spot on the head was at the oil port....so I guess it was alright. Oh well....

Used three layer gaskets will work for re-useables...if they are taken apart, cleaned up, sprayed with the gasket maker copper crap, left to dry before installing, and if the head is straight and the block is clean...it should have no problem being used 2-3 times. Just something I noticed. ;)

The number three cylinder had the piston ring that I had to make by hand...and that cylinder looks super clean for wear...but the #4 has a nice shiny spot on the wall that I got to investigate a little...prolly from running lean for a little bit when I was tuning the the front carb...or something in that effect.....but this is cool in a way. I get to see how the motor I built from a dirty garage floor with only useing normal tools and a lot of hand work turns out. If I had the machine shop that my dad had...things would have been different. I could be doing major R&D on engines all the time to see what the real limits are to these parts.

Ahhh well...back to trying to get some shit packed now, and wait till tommorrow for the machine shop.

Beer time.

man I love the car and all... but when you get it to a point... i think you need to sell it and let someone else deal with the nickle and dime bullshit....

well that and... get the Z kickin....

The Z is good...for now.

Got some pics up....and I just got back from the machine shop...head was shaved...looks nice and clean...about 0.080....and now the build is back on....new 3 layer head gasket, carb kit, machine work thats almost perfect...so if this doesn't add any good possitive results...I'm going to shoot myself...nahh...I'll just work on it after I move.

alv.jpg

alw.jpg

alx.jpg

aly.jpg

alz.jpg

ama.jpg

amb.jpg

amc.jpg

amd.jpg

ame.jpg

Back