Airjockie's AE86 Engine Rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well....got some more stuff done today...

Got The damn Kouki Axle shafts removed.....

And what a bitch it was to do...I can't figuare out why....

But two months ago I had them out and back in...but this time the passenger side was stuck...so I had to go to the extreme....hehe

Backed the Z up to the AE86 perpindicular to the wheel, everything discounected from the hub, bolted the rime back on, put a tow rope from the Z to the wheel...and drove foreward....nothing...I pounded the crap out of the wheel, and actually pounded the rim that was bent back to normal shape...hehe

But after a few more tugs with the Z...it gave.....The tow rope that is...it snapped...

Then I took the wheel off, and tapped the shaft with a hammer and it came out like a good little whore that it was.

So now to pack them up, and run them to the UPS place to ship them to this guy that sent me his...and the kouki shafts should here tommorrow..YYEEEhaaaaa.

Then that means some more work, and the rear-end will be done....then back to cleaning up motor mounts and painting them various colors......

I'm so dead today that the sun boiled about 5 glasses of water out of me...so I drank 3 big glasses of ICE water...and 2 beers....

Was it still on jackstands ?

You should stop posting shit like this, I fear that your insurance company's risk management department may own a Honda :)

-> Steve

fucking sweet. cant wait to see it on saturday.

Captain's Log...Stardate..0618041949....

Well...got a little more work done today.....got home and got some motor mounts re-inforced.....cleaned the mounts up real good with a wire brush, various chemical to make a bald man grow hair, and then some secret souce to make them stronger......Proseal rocks...1440 B2.....

And while that is curing, I decided to start on the LSD swap....

I stopped by a buddies house and snagged his super ligh lift Jack, and 3 ton truck jack stands....and propped the car about 3 ft in the air...gawd...I'm going to by these same jacks when I have some extra money...the acces is incredable.

And now I'm to the part where I got to take a measurements, tighten down a few bolts, clean one more mateing surface, apply the silicon, and bolt the carrier back on to the axle housing....

but breaktime..... :beer:

I still got to trim the fresh Zenki Axel shafts by about 7 mm, then everything should bolt right back up, and the rear end is done...except for some stiffer springs....

but on to the pic of the minute progress....

acv.jpg

adt.jpg

and the rest of the pic's here....

hurry up with the build, I'll FedEx some Brew........if it helps

saw the motor on saturday. looks fucking sweet. too bad i had all those tire problems. :(

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 20 2004, 09:39 AM
saw the motor on saturday. looks fucking sweet. too bad i had all those tire problems. :(

Yup...to bad about your tires getting slashed, and the junk tire blowing up on you....well...you'll get some new tires tommorrow...

But I have a feeeling I'm going to have a major problem with tires........they just wont last....and not due to bad camber, or steering alignment....but they will have to be constantly replaced due to me......

Smoking the shit out of them.... :spin:

I got the shafts cut this afternoon, the rust on them taken off with a wire brush, coated them with some nice rustconverter, and SLAPPED them bitch's on the car.

Got the rear all bolted back up together...and one problem......

I can't fucking wait till I get the engine done so I can test the new TRD 2 WAY LSD............. :ph34r:

God, the car is coming together so sweetly....now it's time for some HondaSwap members to start jumping on to this build.....here's how.

Your mission...decide the next color....

Oilpan.....what color?
Valve cover's....What color?
oil pump housing....What color?
Altenator bracket.....What color?
Power Steering Bracket...WHAT COLOR?
...and all the bolt's?

I'm thinking Plum Purple for the oilpan....
and hot pink marble-ized with light blue for the valve covers...... :)

Oilpan: Black. The moment someone looks under there, it's gonna be crusted up anyway.
Oil Pump Housing: I'd like to see this in yellow, to bring out the fins and oil paths - But it's also gonna get crusty. But I suppose that everything will.
Alternator bracket: Red.
Power Steering Bracket: White
All of your bolts should be red.

The Orange on the valve covers are ok, isn't it? It's just the lettering that's bad? White. Peaches and cream, bitch !

-> Steve

i like the pink idea just cause its sooo funny, sorta like robs 240 that i :wub:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 21 2004, 09:58 PM
pink godzira y0.

meet the street geishas from meriden, CT.
civic, civic, mirage, 240sx.

four-pink-angle2.jpg

:ghey:

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jun 21 2004, 07:58 PM
pink godzira y0.

meet the street geishas from meriden, CT.
civic, civic, mirage, 240sx.

four-pink-angle2.jpg

That's cool on one condition: They better all be girl's cars...

That group is begging for a 4 door Neon.

Also, none of them are girl cars. Dead giveaway: They aren't 4 doors. Girl ricers drive 4 doors, always.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 21 2004, 11:36 PM
That group is begging for a 4 door Neon.

Also, none of them are girl cars. Dead giveaway: They aren't 4 doors. Girl ricers drive 4 doors, always.

-> Steve

Why 4 doors? What about non-ricer girls?

Respectable chick drivers will drive intelligently equipped performance cars.

I wish I could phrase how my girlfriend put it so many years ago... Something like this:

"These girls will buy a car that is sensable to them. They may consider a 4 door because they can carry their friends around. They may get an economy car if they want to go to work. They may get a truck if they have a horse. So on and so on.

When you get girls that are driving a car that is simply... out of their personality - like a girl in a Muscle car who uses it only to go to work - Thats a girl that isn't doing it for herself - She's doing it to impress a guy somewhere.

And when these girls take their reasonably chosen cars and rice them out, again, they aren't doing that because it's something they've always wanted to do. They are doing to impress guys. So when you see a car that was obviously "Dad's car until she inherited it" or "This car is ridiculously modified" it's because she is trying to fit in somewhere, and doesn't REALLY want to drive that way."

My GF drove a 1982 Tercel in highschool. After that she got to choose a graduation gift car for college. She chose a 1987 200SX because it was clean, 5 speed and could handle well. After that she bought, with her own money a 1989 MR2 SC, then a 1987 4Runner.

Well, she got the MR2 and 4Runner not from her own will, but because I actually went to see them, didn't like them, and I kinda influenced her to get them. Now, while she likes the cars, she is getting rid of them because they aren't "her cup of tea". I took over the 4Runner, and the MR2 may be finding it's way out of the stables.

It's all about women doing what they really want to do. So many of these girl's cars are modified not from their own will, but because their boyfriends want to do it. Fit in babe, or get out.

Motorsports are a distinctly male thing. When a woman joins the ranks, It's much like a man who knows about collector dolls. In my entire life, I have only seen ONE woman differ from this. Single, and working on secret projects.

Each of those projects with a particular female aspect. She built a Plymouth FuryIII (What a fuckin TUB) not to impress anyone, Not to get a collector car, but because she always dreamed of touring the country with a huge american car. She did it, but for definate "female reasons".

-> Steve

Back