Airjockie's retirement plan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm telling you man, drive one back to back.

the wrx vs the sti is night and day power wise... but the rest of the car is pretty damn close.
the same cannot be said for the e90 vs e46

the wrx vs the sti is night and day power wise... but the rest of the car is pretty damn close.

B, everyone in the thread, short of being status snobs, said the same thing I did. Those who offered constructive criticism spoke of the software that will be available to make the e90 a monster and how it has a better ride for a daily driver, but its less of a harsh, all out sports car then the M. Others said the difference is men and women and basically about how you won't envy e90 owners if you're a M owner.

The difference lies mainly in the suspension which can easily be fixed. The e90 has more potential. Personally, I'd prefer the brand new car. Everything is new, there's no scratches or wear and tear. If I want a stiffer suspension than I'll buy a stiffer suspension. If I want to upgrade brakes and brake pads, I'll upgrade those. Swaybars and other misc. suspension parts? Sure. I still have a brand new car, in warranty, with everything covered along with brand new technology - not technology thats 4years old and in another 4yrs will seem dated.

I had the opportunity for a '95 M3 but I turned it down for the 2002 WRX. Just my opinion and preference. Sure, its the status of a ///M3 but its 7years older than my car, which is now virtually 5-6 model years old.

I see not as fortunate people in the "hood" driving around their early 90's BMW's and Benz, so they can say they drive those brands. In the end, I'd prefer the newer car without any of the headaches.

Don't get me wrong, I love the M3 and sometimes would prefer the more plush ride but I didn't want to sacrifice in terms of the age and wear and tear put on the car. If I could've gotten a M3 that was a 2000+ for what I paid for the WRX, of course I'd be sitting in it now. Most of us, however, have to make compromises about where we spend our money.

Lastly, there's a huge difference between STi and WRX, night and day for everything. Transmission, engine, brakes, suspension, seats, exterior, interior, etc.

It better be, because my NA Supra whipped the WRX Wagon's ass.

you turned into silverchild. lol

Never.

New > Old.

Its why you can have power everything in an early 90's benz and everything seems so awkward and dated. They might have had the technology before everyone else, but in recent years all the econoboxes have caught up and have more modernized technology.

For a highway cruiser, I often wish I had the M3 - but then I get unhappy with the power my WRX is putting down and unhappy with how quick it is and I should be putting down the same numbers or better than the M3 and stock STi's.

The beautiful part about the 335 is that you still get all the plushness and modern technology in a beast of a car. Its a great daily driver, which is what most of us who are growing up will use it for <by now we've learned that your "project car" or "fun car" should not be your daily driver if you never want downtime> with the ability to be chipped and still be well within its reliable range and smoke most cars out there - and look good while doing it.

It better be, because my NA Supra whipped the WRX Wagon's ass.

Your butt dyno is broken and you're delusional. We've discovered this already. You always mention this car is as fast as that car or blah blah and we look up the specs and see the truth.

The NA Supra couldn't touch the WRX in a straight line. It was a fat, underpowered pig, in the turns. I highly doubt it beat the WRX in any one area.

Now if we start talking about turbo supras there MIGHT be a comparison depending on the year, but the NA supra that you hold so godly was a mediocre piece, especially on paper.

//end rant. //end thread jack.

I will race you, in a WRX against an NA Supra. $1000.

safe stocks don't exist.
I remember we played a stock market game in 6th grade. You pick a few stocks and invest your imaginary money over 10 weeks. I won and told my mom to put all the money I had saved into the stock. She didn't. If she had I wouldn't have needed to go to college. But at the moment AMAT is at ~17. Maybe I'll buy it now....

Dude. I remember that game, but it was 10th grade. I got stupid rich. 100k to start with then it was a few million in the 10 weeks.

Some kids did much better than I though. They were trading daily and shit.

1000 bucks in google a few years back...
or 1000 bucks in my OS stock woudl have netted you 100% return over a few months.

sigh.

you just dont know =)

P.S about the BMW stuff. My brother lives in Germany and had one built. After riding in my TL he says my TL is faster.

FWD 270hp TL > 335....

Why didn't they make the TL RWD WHHHHY GOOODD WHHHHYYYYYY

P.S about the BMW stuff. My brother lives in Germany and had one built. After riding in my TL he says my TL is faster.

FWD 270hp TL > 335....

Why didn't they make the TL RWD WHHHHY GOOODD WHHHHYYYYYY

Supposedly its getting the sh-awd and a turbo in the 09MY, people aren't sure if they'll offer the sh-awd in a 6speed package though, since most other manufacturers are only offering the AWD in automatic.

Dude. I remember that game, but it was 10th grade. I got stupid rich. 100k to start with then it was a few million in the 10 weeks.

Some kids did much better than I though. They were trading daily and shit.
I played in 6th with 10k play cash. I ended up with millions too. I traded a few times a week but I made all my real money just by holding onto AMAT for 10 weeks.

Back