Airmass Warlock Catbacks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whoa, you could fit a small child in that tip. Other than that, it looks REAL loud, small resonator, small can. The welding looks like butt, but it could be the lighting, mild steel piping will be rusted inside a year. But hell, for 140 bucks, if you need it, do it.

I'm just sick of the raspy sound of my exhaust. Thought of getting a new muffler, and for the price I could basically get that above linked catback. But from reading on H-T, I've found people are really happy with their Magnaflows if they have a resonator.

What would it cost ot have this done at a muffler shop, what length resonator should I go with, and would it really help? The loudness isn't a problem, just the bumblebee effect around 4k rpms.

A resonator would help...alot. I don't know what a resonator cost, but getting it put on shouldn't be much. Really though, that thing looks wicked loud, and raspy will surely follow.

Holy crap that tip is huge! :p My freind just bought the Magnaflow catback exhaust for his Accord and it sounds f'in awesome, real deep, with no raspy noise at all. my guess would be to jsut go with a resonator, that is probably the cheapest, and i agree that that ebay exhaust looks like its gonna be hella loud.

Loudness isn't the problem, I already have that. I just want something that isn't raspy.

I called all the muffler shops today and every place wants $60 + tax to put a resonator on. No my concern is with all the welds causing disturbance in the flow. Would just spending the extra $80 be worthwhile to get an even flowing mandrel bent catback system?

honestly bro, i would stick with the exaust you have, because its always to save and do it right, and not halfed-***, your always going to have issues if you go the crappy no-name brand, but hey, live and learn, RIGHT!!! i'd say get the resenator and see how that does. but if you ge the mandrel bent exaust, let us know how it sounds.

a resonator should only cost 20 bucks to put on. I hope that 60 is with the resonator.

Probably about 30-40 for the actual piece and if you can weld, like $1 in welding material.

60 doesn't sound bad and it will be A LOT quieter and less raspy with it.

I wish I had $60 to spare. I guess it'll have to go on the credit card =(
And yes, that is the resonator and install for the price I listed.

go to kteller and get a piping kit. Then take it to an exhuast shop or a friend and have it welded up.

Originally posted by Prowler@Apr 28 2005, 01:30 PM
Got a resonator put on. Sounds much much better.
[post=492682]Quoted post[/post]​

THERE YOU GO, no piont in wasting another $80 buck a crappy exaust that would of been worse for ya, make vid, i wanna see what it sounds like:)

Originally posted by Prowler@Apr 28 2005, 01:30 PM

How much better? I had a magnaflow on one of my hatches, with 2.5" piping, no resonator, sounded like utter bumble bees.

Originally posted by Prowler@Apr 28 2005, 03:30 PM

:thumbsup:

Dang, didnt' have time to get a video. But here's a nice picture in place til I get that sound clip/vid made.

night1.jpg

Back