Airport Security scares me even more after Tuesday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

Here's the story... I had to fly to VA on Tuesday for an overnight trip... I pack my laptop case which is also an overnight bag... Throw a change of clothes in, my laptop, charger, cell phone charger, a Network card, Network cable, and a few other misc electronics...

I get to the airport (PVD), take out my laptop, go through security... I figured the XRay guy would go nuts over the network card, so i explained there was a network card... They said they had to search it.. Fair enough... They do the bomb sniffer test on it (With the little oxy pad) and find nothing... separate the electronics, and run the bag through again. Nothing. They search the bag, find nothing. Run it through again... Search the bag some more... They ran it through, seven times, looking more and more confused each time... Finally, they said guess its nothing, hand me my bag, apologize for the delay, to which i respond "no problem, just doing your job"...

I continue on my way, and get on my plane.

Fast Forward to Wed Morning.. I wake up, hop in the shower, get out, grab my clothes out of my briefcase, and get dressed. I go to throw my keys in my pocket, when I feel something clipped to the pocket of my pants. WHOOPS! My Knife! Thats right... My Smith & Wesson SWAT knife that I keep on me was clipped to my pants. I must have forgotten to take it out when I put the pants in the washing machine, and they went through and the knife never came off... So needless to say, I mailed the knife home to myself, as I wasn't going to try and pass it off again... lol..

Here is a picture of what I snuck through airport security without even noticing. (But mine doesn't have that STUPID camo on it)
196470000_large.jpg

CN: I Snuck a knife through TSA Airport Security without even knowing it! :eek:

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Nov 18 2004, 08:30 AM
Here is a picture of what I snuck through airport security without even noticing. (But mine doesn't have that STUPID camo on it)
196470000_large.jpg

[post=418642]Quoted post[/post]​

no camo.

As tight as airport security tries to be, it still sucks, couple summers my fam went to jamaica and my dad took all his laptop and laptop repair stuff. When we got there he started looking through his laptop bag (that was a carry-on) and found that he forgot to take out his screwdriver.... thats at least 8 inches overall. Not to mention hes a 6-foot black man at about 180 lbs. :ph34r:

One of my friends had a razor blade in his wallet that he forgot about. ( Long story on why he had it). Our plane was delayed for 4 hours. We kept going outside to have a cigarette. He went through 4 times before they found it. So we really aren't as safe as we think.

blah blah blah
keeping knives and screwdrivers off planes is not what we should be focussing on... i can name shitloads of stuff that i could EASILY pass through any airport that will do at least as much as a fucking pocketknife will
to name just a few, there are shit loads of knives out there that are concealed as something else that would never be thought of as threatening... and im not talking about pen knives... im talking about knives that look like lipstick, knives that look like keys, knives that look like completly normal belt buckles, knives made of polymer or composite materials, knives made of ceramic, knives made of titanium (non magnetic ... cant be found with a metal detector) shit you can make a knife using a toothbrush and some saran wrap (not going to tell you how)

thats just a few of the things off the top of my head, im not even talking about just everyday items that if used in an agressive manor could be very harmful

the answer to our security in the air is putting people on the planes that are armed and trained to deal with this kind of shit

i recently got a security job at the Meadowlands through a friend of a a friend...were the jets, giants, devils, & nets play. i get mase and a flashlight. :woot: i will be holding down the players parking lot...a small bribe and i saw nothing

Back