Alarm/Remote Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kriz

I need to get a good alarm with remote start for my 02 Accord before I start doing anything to it (thinking of getting rims/tires, stereo, etc.) so that it doesn't get stolen lol. Plus the remote start would be a charm in the winter. Anywho, I'm thinking of getting it done at BestBuy since I work there and get an employee discount but the guy that works on the cars there wasn't very helpful. Overall it seems I'm looking at paying $250-$300 I was just wondering if you guys had any advice as to what I should be looking to get if it might be a better idea to buy the system elsewhere or if it would be too hard to install myself...

Discounts are good, i've learned that you get what you pay for with alarms, just don't for an alarm with uber features you don't need. I've also learned that installs are a bitch, if it's not too expensive just let whoever you buy it from install it.

be careful

if you choose to put it in yourself remember you will have to use an alarm bypass module to bypass the need for having the coded key in the ignition to get the remote start to work.

Back