Alaska MMA!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klyph

Dismember
VIP
So last weekend, I was the cornerman for my gf's brother who fought in the local amateur MMA fights. He fought 2 fights, one thurs. and one on friday, but I only got the first two rounds of the thursday fight. They said no more video cameras in the corners. We bought their DVD, but I don't get it til Wed. so I thought I'd at least show what I do have.
This is the first 2 out of 3 rounds of the Thurs. fight.
I'm the dumbass offering useless advise.
Round 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFAt-VmNfBI
Round 2 pt1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DYfsmqm-pqk
Round 2 pt2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2C9TimGqY

After I get the dvd, I'll try and post some better quality vids of the ENTIRE fights. He lost both fights, but went all 3 rounds, a LOT of people said he got robbed (Thomerson is my guy, with the mohawk and prison tats)

Ya, if anything, it's entertaining. In the Friday fight, he gets kicked in the face, HARD. I thought the fight was over, but he battled on. This kid is tough, inexperienced, but tough.

Anyone know what is the best way to rip dvd's to mpeg for free? :D

can somebody answer me one thing? WHY THE FUCK IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH DID HE HAVE A LIGHTER IN HIS POCKET DURING AN MMA FIGHT?!?!?!

Focused and not thinking about it?
it doesn't raise the question of "why wear shorts with pockets" or "search for illegal items" like in boxing. maybe i'm just tripping over nothing. then again, it is amateur. maybe i'll slip some brass knuckles into my sock and do mma. ^_^

Cool. I'll have to check that out when my highspeed internet package finally gets here, sometime this week.

I just found out that there's a gym in my area that has MMA classes. I thought I'd have to drive for an hour for that.
Supposively Gracie is opening a gym near me. I can't wait. Then I can train here with him and at school with an Alumni of my fraternity that is nasty.

ok, I got the dvd, but that dvd shrink program won't convert it to mpeg, all it does is copy the files to my hard drive. Do I need to buy it, or can I convert with the freeware?

So if you're sure that dvd shrink can convert to mpeg, I'll go ahead and buy it, but I wanna make sure before I fork over the dough.

If that's a virus, I'll kick your ass.

jk, muchas gracias amigo.

All this UFC talk reminded me, my boy has another fight tonight. Bad news is he is sick with the flu, but if he can't fight, he has to personally pay the $300 purse:(
Plus the guy he's going up against is undefeated, and Justin is the opposite :mellow:
This is gonna be painful to watch, hopefully the other guy is feelin shitty too, as the whole town seems to have gotten the flu this week.

On a sidenote, I still can't get that friggin DVD to AVI software to work, it crashes everytime I try to save the file :rant:
If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it, I have .VOB files, but I'm not smart enough to be able to convert them :confused:

Back