alignment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skimboard71104

i have a 1992 honda civic thats dropped an inch. im currently goin to school for automotive but do not know how the drop will effect my alignment. i know that the drop deffinately changes the alignment numbers but does anyone know how much or how i could figure out the new numbers i need to align my car?

an inch isnt necessarily going to do alot of damage over a short time.

if you really are curious take it to a place...

dropping ur car is gonna affect ur camber, its gonna make it negative

i actually bought adjustable upper control arms when i did my drop and i just did the alignment by eye and i havent had it aligned since but when i got 2 new rear tires today as a part of the service they ran the alignment machine didnt align anything but printed out how my car looked and this is what it came out to...

left front= -0.1 degree camber
1.4 degree caster
-.75 degree toe (luckily im aligning my car in school tomorrow)

Right Front= -.5 degree camber
.9 degree caster
-.79 degree toe ( again horrible but i know how to fix it

Left Rear= -1.3 degree camber
.04 degree toe

Right Rear= -1.5 degree camber
-.17 degree toe

next thing i wanna do is get adjustable control arms for the rear so i can easily fix the camber on the rear.

ill prob post my results from my alignment lab tomorrow its my first alignment so we will see how well i do on it

nothing in your suspension only moves in one plane. pretty much everything effects something else too. dropping your car will immediately affect camber (with our suspension it will roll more negative), that also will have an affect on the toe too.

looking at your numbers you arent too far off.

caster wont be adjustable kinda have to deal with it
adjust toe to 0 or within spec at least
id leave camber at about -1.0 to -1.5 ish for a daily driver. dont just make it zero too, a little negative will be more benficial and wont affect tire wear too much if you keep toe in spec.

Back