all 4 people who bid on this need to be shot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

soo.... my ipod earbuds were goin out, and i was lookin for a nicer new set and found these.

now, im one for cool stuff.... but this is too far.

SHURE E5C SOUND ISOLATING EARPHONES

yeah, bids at $304 for one freakin set of earbuds.

i cant even begin to say whats wrong with that.

my dad has the lower model shure earbuds that go for like 200. He uses them when he runs. he runs in marathons so, 4-6 hrs. at a time. I bought some sony headphones for 150 that cover my whole ear, with the swivel thing for when i'm trying to mix on the turntables. I listened to his tiny earbuds, and i've got to say they sounded twice as good as my headphones did. much more comfortable. they actually produced a deeper, richer bass tone than my headphones.
dont get me wrong, I think spending 300 bucks on something like that isn't exactly right, but i bet those things sound amazing.

Some in-ear headphones like that can do amazing things... Bass that puts the thumping ricer cars that drive around to shame.

There is a whole market, however, devoted to liberating stupid rich people from their money for audio products. There are the stupid kind, like gold plated optical cords, but then there are the heavy hitters, like this $3500 power cable for instance. And that's nothing; I'm too lazy to find more links, but how about $700 for a jar of 'special' rocks you put on each speaker to improve the sound. $10,000 for a mahogany slab to put your equipment on to improve the internal signal quality? And lots more. :blink:

Friend of mine has those (I think that model) They sound amazing for a head phone, easily as good as any I have heard.

Trust me, if you bought those, you would never need annother set of headphones ever. I actually think a good set of headphones is a good investment. Maybe not earbuds, but spending $300 once on a set of really nice headphones I can understand; they can last a lifetime.

I'd defenily pass. I'd rather have an $6 set I bought in China town then spend 300 bucks. But I also never use ear phones, so they'd be a $300 piece of sound equiptment that I end up losing.

Real cost to ship it would be --> $2.44 First Class even in the box and that's pushing it cause I doubt it weighs 10oz.

<-- Listens on Beyerdynamic DT231's. Not bad, not the best headphone, but for $60, they are probably one of the best deals on the market. Sealed, but supposedly have the best sound for any sub-$100 headphone.

I had the shure E3c's, next level down from the 5's and lemme tell you, they were freakin amazing... until they got ran over by a hummv.... but yeah, they were well worth the money, at least in my opinion. The bass sounded like it was inside your skull and the mids and highs were great too. Amazing for a little earbud, I read reviews before I bought them, but couldn't believe it until I got them.

25 dollar radio shack Sony headphones, thats all i need. but when i went to maine i did stop in at the Bose outlet store, and tested their noise cancellation headphones (approx 3-400) and they sounded superb. if i had the money to blow on headphones those are the ones id get.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 5 2005, 10:40 PM
Shure = gewd.

Wonder why some of the premier recording studios use their mics?
[post=495616]Quoted post[/post]​

Some? It be hard to find one that didn't.

The reason those are so expensive is that they are NOT commercial earphones. Not for an iPod, not for a diskman or anything of that nature.

These are live perfomance ear monitors by Sure. They are used by pretty much everyone in live sound. Any major live artist uses these instead of stagefront monitors which cause major latency issues.

They are totally worth the price. But if you just want them for an iPod, go for something else.

Back