all ek civic owners please help.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
ok. on your 1996-99? civics, you know where your cupholder is at? well right behind there on the console is a factory installed casseste deck. (remember cassestes?) anyways, i want to take out the cassette player and put in a black piece of plastic there, kinda like a harness, then cut some holes and move my two guages down there, so when i park the car, all i have to do is open my cup holder lid and the guages will be well hidden.

only problem is i dont know if they make a black piece of plastic harness or cover for the area down below....

anyone know where i can get one online or?

thanks

<<edit>> i decided to take the time to take a pic so we wont be talking apples and oranges here.....

s3f08abc410b1a.jpg

s3f08ac081effd.jpg

they dont make one.. goto your local audio store and get some ABS plastic.. it comes in a 12x12 sheet. Pull that part of the console out and then pull the cassette part out. Make a filler plate with the plastic, to fit that, go get some plastic super glue.. glue it from behind, let it set and then paint the glue black (after light sanding to make it even) and you wont notice it.

Its what the mini-truckers use to shave their dash vents, custom gauge pods, etc.

Dude I'm gonna go down to my storage place and take pics of mine. They're done kinda like that but all I did was cut a hole in the bottom of the cup on an angle so that they sit at a 45 deg recessed inside the cup holder. BRB ;)

OK I'm back. Check out my setup.

DSC03304.JPG

Now Ya See Me!

DSC03302.JPG

Now Ya Don't!

DSC03303.JPG

Sorry for the dirty pics but the cars been sitting in my storage area waiting for my new AEM to come in. It needs to be douched bad. Notice the nitrous arming switch by the CTR shift boot.

My other little custom install is my Tein EDFC control box. You can see it left of the steering wheel. Notice the sparco wheel and CTR gauge cluster too :) I'm working on my gauge pod where the radio used to be in the factory location. I'm gonna move the apexis up there for better viewing and move my Blitz BL pressure and temp gauges down low.

DSC03305.JPG

i've already tried to get him to do that, but he has starbucks coffee that sits there, so he doesn't wanna give up that space... gauges > starbucks! :bash:

tripleek, nice set up on the gauges. Me, personally I would prefer to have the gauges at least at chest level so that I wouldn't have to look down, do you have problems with the guauges taht low???

Milan

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 6 2003, 07:16 PM
i've already tried to get him to do that, but he has starbucks coffee that sits there, so he doesn't wanna give up that space... gauges > starbucks! :bash:

firstoff and foremost, nice work tripledigit. how hard is it for you to see your guages from your cupholder while you are sitting and driving? i like to keep a constant eye on the boost guage for some paranoid psuedo-sexual reason....

and Codee....YOU deal with my girlfriend and her snide fucking comments when i tell her that she has to hold her own starbucks cuz i got two guages sitting there...
in fact you know what? lets roleplay for a minute...

Tony: (me) hey babe, you cant set your starbucks coffee in the cupholder because i moved my two guages down there...
Jamie: well why did you do that for? couldnt you see them better when they were up on your steering console?
Tony: well ya, but the guages are a bust.
Jamie: what do you mean "a bust"
Tony: well, if a cop were to see them he would ask what they are for and start prying around like a nosey fuck. and also it attracts fools who want to jack rides cuz they see the boost guage and know i got a boosted (b series, HAHA :lol: ) engine under the hood.
Jamie: i thought you said this turbo install wouldnt cause you to become more paranoid about your car?
.....See, i told you, more problems...you should raise the
car back up to stock height, put your stock tires back on and stop acting like a little kid.

and this is where we start arguing back and forth cuz the car "issue" is a sore one between us.....

sorry, i got issues and had to get that off my chest.....

Yea visibility sucks ass. WHat I was gonna do is run the Greddy Profec E01 up top which has another gauge in it and use the lower mecanical one as a double check periodically. The EGT I was gonna hook up to a warning led at eye level. But I bailed on that so I'm moving them up the old factory radio location and putting my non critical gauges Blitz BL pressure and temp down there. They seem to fit better in my dremeled out holes anyways. Thansk for the props.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 8 2003, 02:58 AM
your gf has a cool name :D

mine? i guess so... too bad she is acting like a fucking cunt these past two days...

and to update on this thread, i went to Best Buy and 2 diff. stereo shops and the honda dealership and they all said they dont make that part.

So, the korean guy at the stereo shop said he would sell me a piece of that black plastic for 5.00 and all i gotta do is cut it out...

My car hasnt hit the track yet. I'm just finishing it up now. I should have dyno numbers next month.

Originally posted by karnash+Jul 8 2003, 09:40 AM-->
90 accord
@Jul 8 2003, 02:58 AM
your gf has a cool name :D

mine? i guess so... too bad she is acting like a fucking cunt these past two days...

and to update on this thread, i went to Best Buy and 2 diff. stereo shops and the honda dealership and they all said they dont make that part.

So, the korean guy at the stereo shop said he would sell me a piece of that black plastic for 5.00 and all i gotta do is cut it out...

One of honda techs sponsors makes quality 12 by 12 inch Carbon fiber squares. This would be a perfect place to use them.

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 8 2003, 08:40 AM

said that cuz thats my name <_<

i know in the 88-91 civics that didnt have radios there was just a piece of black plastic that says "honda" on it in place of the radio i dont know if this helps but i gave it a shot

that is a good place to hide things such as a cd player. in fact, that is where my $300 plus alpine is hiden. now the secret is out. lol

Back