all in the name of art

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i it suspossed to look real?
you = sicko
lol

group of artists using art as a social commentary to address the ways the female body is represented and the way the concept of beauty is constructed in our society... ie: FEMINISTS

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 8 2005, 12:32 PM
i it suspossed to look real?
you = sicko
lol

group of artists using art as a social commentary to address the ways the female body is represented and the way the concept of beauty is constructed in our society... ie: FEMINISTS
[post=470652]Quoted post[/post]​

i dunno

i think victoria secret models are hot and not at all starved looking

runway models on the other hand do look like they could use something to eat

i dunno

i think victoria secret models are hot and not at all starved looking

runway models on the other hand do look like they could use something to eat

*feminist* - see, this is what we're takling about, society MAKES you think they're hot...

lmao, no we think they're hot cause they're fuckin hot... cottage cheese ass is so 80's

victoria's secret is that the company is owned by a man, lol.

Women, and worse off Womyynists need to realise that Victoria's secret sells really high-quality women's underwear that simply can't be found anywhere else. Most of their inventory isn't about sex appeal - But some is.

And remember what drives sales is not image, in the end. It's the fact that women keep buying the shit. No one is holding a gun to their heads and demanding they wear lacy underthings.

I know it's kinda late here to start off on a rant, but this is something that I give serious thoughts too all the time - And if you're reading this, and have a vagina, it applies to you too. don't think you're exempt.

What is driving the sales of these items is not thin, in shape models. Like they say "Dont hate me because I'm beautiful". If you're not grown up enough to realise that Photoshop and Airbrushing are common techniques on models, then you shouldn't be allowed in the mall without being in an animal carrier.

What drives the sales of Victoria Secret is something simple: The bitches keep buying. Now I'm not talking about the reasonable underwear there (My gf buys from them exclusively - They make and sell the highest quality underwear in the free world) I'm talking about the things that make you feel self-conscious about yourself (Herself, if you lack the vagina)

In basic terms that are easy for women to understand (Not saying that reason and logic are tough for women to understand - unless by "tough" you mean "impossible") What is making Victorias Secret the powerhouse they are is the fact that the only way a woman makes it in the world is by draping themselves against the wallet pocket of their male counterparts.

This kind of behavior is not seen in the Man's world. That's because we really don't find a need to impress our counterparts with sex-appeal. Because we know that chances are - We simply don't have it. Instead, of we have another kind of thing that allows us to achieve success.

Now, in conclusive terms (Cliff's Notes) While the womyynists are moaning about Victoria's Secret, they at the same time are justifying their very existence. Women don't buy plain white boxer shorts for the same reason men don't buy plain white economy cars. It's an appeal to the opposite sex to find them attractive, give them attention, and suck the fucking life out of them before moving on to another fresh target.

And we all do it, baby.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

-> Steve

(Note: Most of you are too young to remember "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful", and even worse - You're too young to appreciate the full career of Hunter Tylo)

CLIFF'S NOTES to the Cliff's Notes: Women getting pissed off at Victorias Secret for making them underachieving psuedo sluts is like men getting pissed off at Ferrari for making them buy Ferraris.

If you're not grown up enough to realise that Photoshop and Airbrushing are common techniques on models, then you shouldn't be allowed in the mall without being in an animal carrier.

(Not saying that reason and logic are tough for women to understand - unless by "tough" you mean "impossible")

It's an appeal to the opposite sex to find them attractive, give them attention, and suck the fucking life out of them before moving on to another fresh target.

some of my favorite lines

you really have a way with words
LMAO
:lol:

Back