all motor b18c build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you only have 3k to spend, keep the internals OEM spec and work on stuff for the head only, especially if you're not doing the work yourself. I've seen an internally stock GSR with only I/H/E and Skunk2 stage 1 cams make 195whp on the dyno- that's still a pretty fun setup.

Can this all be done and installed for about $3000...and how much whp would I be at...thanx for all the help

It CAN be... if I was doing it, yeah it could be done for that price- but I doubt you could. ;)

If you only have 3k to spend, keep the internals OEM spec and work on stuff for the head only, especially if you're not doing the work yourself. I've seen an internally stock GSR with only I/H/E and Skunk2 stage 1 cams make 195whp on the dyno- that's still a pretty fun setup.

Ok but can I do I/H/E and then rebuild the bottom end later...I know I can do anything I want, but do what I want but is that reasonable

You have to admit that this is pretty rare, most gsr hit about 180whp semibuilt, although every dyno reads different.

Like Cal said, if I had 3 k it would be easy to build what you want.

You have to admit that this is pretty rare, most gsr hit about 180whp semibuilt, although every dyno reads different.

Like Cal said, if I had 3 k it would be easy to build what you want.
Well come down to L.A. and build this set up for me...:lol:

Ok but can I do I/H/E and then rebuild the bottom end later...I know I can do anything I want, but do what I want but is that reasonable

If you're going to have the engine apart, it's best to build the bottom end NOW. It costs a good bit more money to split an engine and replace everything again later. If you have to rebuild, just do pistons/rods for now and then add stuff into the head later. Maybe polish your ports so you're not as tempted to spend a ton of money pulling the head and porting them later. Cams and valvetrain are a lot easier to put in later after an engine rebuild than pistons and rods.

So I should just do pistons rods and and I/H/E I suppose

Sure- you can make all the rest of the improvements later without removing the head from your engine- as long as you're not looking for port work.

I'm rebuilding my b18c1 right now, my recommendations, high compression pistons. I went with ITR pistons $86 with shipped with rings on ebay. (no need to bore), new main and rod bearings. B16 head or port and polish your gsr head. New oil pump, and all new gasket. That's what i'm doing except for the port and polish or b16 head (to broke for that lol)

I ended up going a different route...I just decided to rebuild the b18c so it's as a 0 mile motor...and I went with itr pistons...I will later get I/H/E...at least for now just to make it a little more dependable...I just wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do...what do you guys think about my decision???

Go with p30 pistons! Higher comp, your going to have to tune anyway.

You will, just get a good tune, I ran a 12.5:1 on 91 with no problem. You should also run ngk 8 heat range to keep electrode temps down

Good choice lol. I wouldn't do p30 pistons though, especially if your obdII.

Why not? Give me a good answer why not?

He's going to have to tune anyway with the itr pistons, why not make a bit more power and more potential when and if he decides to upgrade cams.

What's the main difference with the p30 and itr pistons...where will each one leave me compression wise...and I'm gonna tune either way

With p30 pistons you will have a 11.53:1 compression, that's great compression with or without cams, something 91 octane can take no problem with a good tune.

ITR pistons will give you about a flat 11:1 half a compression point makes a bit more torque and horsepower that's why im telling you to go with a p30.

If your going with jdm itr pistons then your compression will be a bit higher than usdm ITR pistons but to my knowledge not higher than p30 pistons because p30 pistons have a taller dome.

Back