all motor build up ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmotorgsr

i was just wanting to get everyones opinion an the best way to build the strongest all motor gsr , the car already has an JDM Type-r tranny, Mugen chipped Type-r computer, AEM cai, nuspeed 4-2-1 header and greddy SP catback. I would appricate averyones opinion, thanx Daniel

P.S.- keep in mind i still want it to be streetable

money money money. how much are you willing to spend? work on the head first. get a good pnp and good camshaft like s2s2 or something and tune the snot outa it with hondata or something, then switch your header for a bisimoto header/smsp/new rage header. up your compression by quite a bit to compliment your camshafts.

let the engine breathe; higher end header(as suggested above) prefably a 4-1 unless you need more midrange(like autoX), maybe JG intake manifold and larger throttle body to compliment the CAI ;)
since the ignition system is already good,skip it, just get PnP and mill the head to bump compression a little. i dont know about the mugen fuel maps, but you can try to advance the timing a little to try to get more power, be careful though because the engine might start detonating. then theres pistons, rods, and reduce rotating inertia via lighter flywheel and knife-edged crankshaft. also get the engine balanced.

Jdm type r header would be a good upgrade from the neuspeed and cost isnt that bad. A high flow cat would also be a good cheap upgrade, now that its flowing a little better port and polish the head like said above then add a skunk2 manifold, skunk2 cams and valves, valve springs and you will have a nice powerful engine.

nice setup as it sits anyway.

okay let me see, what about a skunk2 stage 2 cams and valve train , pnp head, milled, skunk2 intake manifold, type r headers, already has act 3 puck clutch and hi flow cat (forgot to state that), what compresion should i go for around 11 are 12? anyway i thank yall for all the input, o yea im lookin to spend a 6 grand total

thanx Daniel

Strongest all motor? Run the highest compression you can handle with your best unleaded gas- like 13:1 on 93 octane. Resleeve and bore the block otu to 86mm. Then open up the head with a good custom port/polish job, get a set of custom cams that are matched to your displacement, head work and compression ratio, then tune tune tune. Oh yeah, a custom Hytech or SMSP header with a 3 inch collector, straight pipe and a 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust would work well for you too. Make sure to run a ported intake manifold and a short ram intake with a velocity stack on the front end inside of an insulated cold air box.

If you want the strongest all motor setup, you're going to have to run with stuff a lot more aggressive than what's in your previous post. 11 or 12:1 compression and the Type-R header don't really help you too much.

Now if you want to run a nice strong all motor engine without getting really aggressive and breaking the bank- you can run with your plans and still get a really nice power curve.

Back