All Motor Gs-r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

I wanna build a cheap all motor GS-R to put into my 95 DX coupe. I wanna be able to rev high but still be streetable. The new intro for the site kicks ass by the way.

well actually i was thinking about supercharging a relatively
stock GSR motor or making it all motor power with new internals and yes, cams, but also being able to rev high i was wondering if there was an all motor setup where you could rev high but not have like 14.1:1 compression or someshit, have it be streetable as well as fast. maybe supercharged with cams is a good bet.

supercharged with cams? no. Get ITR cams, better valve springs, retainers, ITR intake manifold, JDM ITR header, cold air, and all your other bolt on bullshit.

basicly what im saying is if you want to rev to 9k or where ever... you need to have cams that make power up in that RPM range.... now high reving cams are usually not good for FI so your in a bit of a jam here

i would keep the stock GSR cams and throw the SC on there

as for all motor yes there are several cams that will make power high into the RPM range with out a 14:1 CR
toda cams recomend a 11.#-12.#:1 CR depending on the engine

there are lots of options for either way you want to go

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Jun 19 2003, 02:30 AM
supercharged with cams? no. Get ITR cams, better valve springs, retainers, ITR intake manifold, JDM ITR header, cold air, and all your other bolt on bullshit.

no? why not? there are turbo cams ya know. CTR cams are more agressive than ITRs... so if you're goin' n/a with OEM parts... get the CTRs. and the ITR header won't bolt onto a GSR.... and i'm not sure about the IM. get the skunk2 one anways.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Jun 19 2003, 07:39 PM-->
kylemarhx
@Jun 19 2003, 06:26 PM
the ITR header won't bolt onto a GSR

i thought only the IM bolt patterns were different?

nope, i know for sure that the header bolt pattern is different... but i'm not sure about the IM. the b16 and ITR are the same... but the GSR is a different head all together.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Jun 19 2003, 04:41 PM-->
Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Jun 19 2003, 07:39 PM
kylemarhx

nope, i know for sure that the header bolt pattern is different... but i'm not sure about the IM. the b16 and ITR are the same... but the GSR is a different head all together.

it is only the intake side that differs

the exhaust cam is the same, the intake on the CTR has like 3 more degrees on it.

Milan

Originally posted by B16+Jun 19 2003, 07:08 PM-->
Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jun 19 2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Jun 19 2003, 07:39 PM
kylemarhx

it is only the intake side that differs

yea i just checked the package that my exhaust mainfold gasket came in and b18c was also listed.

the 2000+ JDM ITR has the same cams intake and exhaust as the CTR... the 99- are different

Back